Thursday 9 May 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 9th May, 2024.

9th May, 2024.


Right … I am up, early … !

No: my weight management classes haven’t switched to Thursdays.

No: I’ve got blood tests at Brentwood’s one hospital.

I’ve an official diabetic review in June: so this test will let my GP have the most recent results.

~≈🧁≈~

All this … ?

The day I had my nephew over!

Videos were made … and fun had.



And, yes, before you ask … Jude has beaten my high score.

Several times!

~≈🎮≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five and Mum on four.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        The United States House Committee on the Judiciary started impeachment proceedings: on 9th May.   Of whom: President Nixon, President Washington or President Kennedy?

Q2)        9th May in which year of the 1970s?

Q3)        Glenda Jackson was born on 9th May, 1936.   She was, until 2015, MP for which constituency: Hammersmith, Hampstead and Kilburn or Harborough?

Q4)        9th May is the feast day of Saint Beatus of Lungern.   He’s usually depicted fighting a what: a lion, dragon or a panther?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Rapper, Dennis David Coles, was born on 9th May, 1970.   He’s better known as which member of the Wu-tang Clan?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Robert A. Heinlein died on 8th May, 1988.   The crater named after him, is where: Mars, the Moon or Pluto?
A1)        Mars.

Q2)        David Attenborough was born on 8th May, 1926.   The first show he presented, singlehandedly, for the BBC was called what: Zoo Quest, Pot Black or Life on Earth?
A2)        Zoo Quest.   (Sir David was the Controller of BBC 2 who commissioned Pot Black: he wanted to show off the BBC’s new colour broadcasting service.   Snooker is the one sport that you can use to show that off.   If you’re watching in black and white, the pink is next to the green.)

Q3)        Solomon Joel Cohen was born on 8th May, 1913.   He’s better known as which Carry On star: Kenneth Williams, Jim Dale or Sid James?
A3)        Sid James.

Q4)        The first games in one country’s football league took place: on 8th May, 1898.   Which county: France, Italy or Germany’s?
A4)        Italy’s.

Q5)        Finally … ?   8th May, 1968, saw who held on murder charges: the Kray twins, or the Son of Sam?
A5)        The Kray twins. (David Berkowitz was arrested on 8th May, 1978.)
Here’s a thought …
“And in truth, of course, I’m not just 60 - I’m twelve, I’m 23, I’m 37, I’m 42, I’m 18. I’m every age I’ve ever been.   Depending on what day of the week it is and what the situation calls for at the moment.”
Billy Joel, born May 9, 1949.
A song …


And an earworm …



Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

        Fun was definitely had, Olga: turns out someone’s better at silly video games than I am!
        It is … ?   That explains the stage routine, then!   Oh, I’ve caught the official video for the Irish song.   I get the impression they’ve been reading a lot of manga!


        I’m saying nothing, Debbi!   But it’s easy to do: I’ve done it, myself!
        I think they were: Debbi.   I don’t know that the Piranha brothers were supposed to be twins, though.   And I don’t think the Python team covered Kate Kray: Ronnie’s widow.   Ronnie was gay: why he ended up marrying Kate, in prison, I don’t know!   Ronnie also had paranoid schizophrenia.
        Oh, did you need a delivery, today … ?

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) President Nixon

Q2) 1974

Q3) Hampstead and Kilburn

Q4) a dragon

Q5) Ghostface Killah
I hope the test goes well today and the news is good. I know your medication has had to go through a few changes...

Debbi said...

Who me? :) Heavens!

Glad I managed to get yesterday's answers. In order. :)

1. President Nixon (Easy for me to remember, as I graduated high school that year.)
2. 1974
3. Hampstead and Kilburn
4. a dragon
5. Ghostface Killah

Mum said...

1 Nixon
2 1974
3 Hampstead
4 Lion
5 ?