Friday 3 May 2024

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 3-5-2024 — Washington.

3rd May, 2024: Washington.


It’s official: it’s Friday!

Which … is possibly not important.

What IS important?

Is the fact I applied for help paying my council tax: a couple of months ago.

Yesterday?

I got a letter from the council: telling what supporting evidence they needed.

I’m going to have to check on if I can email that over!

It’s going to be cheaper than printing the files out at the library!

~≈Ü≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring ten out of ten, and Mum on nine.


 Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Washington DC was named as a city.   On 3rd May of which year: 1802, 1804 or 1806?

Q2)        The city was founded, when: 1789, 1791 or 1793?

Q3)        One of the world’s two largest libraries is in Washington.   That library is the Library of where?

Q4)        PEPCO supplies what to the city: gas, electricity or water?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Washington is twinned with which British city: London, Glasgow or Sunderland?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        David Beckham was born on 2nd May.   Of which year of the 1970s?
A1)        1975.

Q2)        He’s a what: midfielder, forward or goal-keeper?
A2)        A midfielder.

Q3)        Beckham made 265 appearances for Manchester United.   A Manchester United run by whom: Arsene Wenger, Sir Alex Ferguson or Jürgen Klopp?
A3)        Sir Alex Ferguson.

Q4)        He earned fifty-eight caps playing for which international side: England, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Wales or Scotland?
A4)        England.

Q5)        Which French team did Beckham play for: Marseille, Nice or Paris Saint-Germaine?
A5)        Paris Saint-Germaine.

Q6)        Beckham’s a co owner of Inter Miami CF.   The club’s based in which US city?
A6)        Miami.

Q7)        He also co-owns Salford City.   The club plays in which English football league: the Premier League, EFL League Two or National League?
A7)        EFL League Two.



Q8)        Beckham plays Trigger in King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.   Who directed the film: Madonna, Guy Ritchie or Steven Spielberg?
A8)        Guy Ritchie.   (I get the impression Vinnie Jones would’ve been the better option)

Q9)        Louis Molloy did a lot of Beckham’s whats: boots, tattoos to haircuts?
A9)        Tattoos.

Q10)        Finally … ?   David Beckham’s married to Victoria Beckham.   Victoria is also known as Posh … what?
A10)        Posh Spice.
Here’s a thought …
“Too small to be a state but too large to be an asylum for the mentally deranged.”
Anne Gorsuch Burford, speaking about Washington at a convention.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        Do you mean Nanny McPhee, Olga?   I keep meaning to catch that: and Jodie Forster’s Nell!   I’ll get the time, one day.   At any rate?   The Tamworth Two’s Story has been floating around for a while, so wouldn’t be surprised if it’s cropped up, somewhere!
        I think the one thing people who’ve never had Marmite do … ?   Is use too much of it, the first time: I bet that’s what caught your friend Silvia, out!

        Hello, Mum … !

        Hopefully, Debbi, today’s will be easier!
        (There’ll be another, next week.   Quite what will happen on the 11th, I don’t know!)

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1802

Q2) (I found 1790 everywhere, but what is what gets a bit confusing) https://washington.org/DC-information/washington-dc-history

Q3) Congress

Q4) electricity

Q5) Sunderland
I suspect you're right about marmite. I think I told you I've never had marmite as such (I don't like butter and eating it by itself I think might be a bit much), but I am quite partial to Twiglets...

Mum said...

1 1801
2 1790
3 Congress
4 Water
5 Sunderland

Debbi said...

I hope I do okay on this one! :)

1. 1802
2. 1791
3. Congress (that's where Bill worked; on their computer system; he was their anti-spam expert; he also did lots of genealogical research there)
4. electricity
5. Sunderland (I had no idea!)

Good pick going with Gil Scott Heron. Irony, indeed! :)