Tuesday 12 July 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 12-7-2016: The Rolling Stones …

Ye gods … !

My guts were playing up, yesterday!

You’ll possibly worked out I’m suffering with IBS, at the mo.

Most of the time?

Most of the time, I’m fine: having figured out a lot of stuff that I can and can’t eat.

Yesterday?

Lord knows what happened, yesterday: I’ve a funny suspicion that I forgot to take the relevant medication on Sunday.

Which meant I had a MAJOR flare up, yesterday: that lasted all day.

Involving throwing up, an ambulance, an emergency trip to the doctors and a batch of extra medication.

Not exactly what I had planned for a day off!

~≈Ω≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s themed questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 12th July saw The Rolling Stones play their first gig: at which noted London club?
Q2) In which year of the 1960s was this?
Q3) The Stones’ line-up at that gig, saw Mick Jagger on vocals, Keith Richards on guitar, Charlie Watts‡ on drums, Dick Taylor on bass, and Brian Jones on guitar, and harmonica.   Who played piano?
Q4) The band’s classic line-up replaced Dick Taylor as bassist: with whom?
Q5) The band’s first single — in 1963 — was called Come On.   Who wrote Come On?
Q6) Their third single, I Wanna Be Your Man, was written by whom?
Q7) The band’s third single was a cover of a Buddy Holly tune.   Which Buddy Holly tune?
Q8) Founder member, Brian Jones, died in which year?
Q9) Which current member of the band joined in 1975?
Q10) Finally … The Stones played Glastonbury in which year of this century?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 11th July, 1889, saw the founding of the city of Tijuana^.   Tijuana is in which country?
A1) Mexico.
Q2) Skylab 1 crash-landed back on Earth: on 11th July of which year of the 1970s?
A2) 1979.
Q3) Astromnomer, Jean-Louis Pons discovered his first comet: on 11th July, 1801.   How many periodic comets are named for him: two, three or four?
A3) Three.
Q4) 11th July, 1991, saw MP, Terry Fields, sentenced to sixty days in prison.   For refusing to pay what?
A4) His Community Charge: also known as the poll tax.
Q5) Finally … the discovery of Styx was announced: on 11th July, 2012.   Styx is a moon of where?
A5) Pluto.
I’ll leave you with a letter …
“This morning on Dartford station a guy I knew at primary school came up to me. He’s got every record Chuck Berry made. He is called Mick Jagger.”
Keith Richards, in a letter to his aunt.
And a couple of Stones numbers … 



Have a good day.











*        Wish I had time to worry about the weather, yesterday, Olga: my innards were seriously acting up!   Here’s hoping today’s a bit better!   (And yeah, I know what you mean about BB8: apparently it was a series of props, rather than purely animation.   Which is good: it gives the actors something to look at, other than a tennis ball on a stick!)

†        I’ll try and keep my eye open for it, Debbi: sounds interesting.

‡        Charlie’s been married to the same woman for the entirety of his Stones’ career.   Practically unique, in the history of rock and roll.

^        I’ve never actually been to Mexico: or Tijuana.   But whenever someone mentions the place?   I automatically get a Wall of Voodoo tune ear-worming its way through my head …


Pass the iguanas, vicar … 

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) The Marquee Club
Q2) 1962
Q3) Ian Stewart
Q4) I’m confused by this question… Brian Jones?
Q5) Chuck Berry
Q6) Lennon-McCartney (it says second where I’m checking)
Q7) Not Fade Away
Q8) 1969
Q9) Ronnie Wood
Q10) 2013
I hope today is a better day. You're probably doing it already, but keeping a food diary and also mentioning the meds might give you a better understanding of what might be going on...
I know what you mean about Tijuana

Debbi said...

I love that Wall of Voodoo song! :)

I hope you're feeling much better!

1. Marquee Jazz Club
2. 1962
3. Ian Stewart
4. Bill Wyman
5. Chuck Berry
6. Paul McCartney and John Lennon or Lennon-McCartney
7. Not Fade Away
8. 1969
9. Mick Taylor
10. 2013