Saturday 16 July 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 16-7-2016

Yoicks … !

I’m working at the mo: but will admit to a case of extremely itchy feet.

So … ?

Having left my CV with everyone that’s looking for staff in Brentwood High Street?

I’m thinking I should put my CV in at a few other places, as well.   Especially one or two online sites.

Might JUST be helpful!

~≈Ÿ≈~

In other news?

In OTHER news, what the bloody hell is going on?

I get back home from, and turned on my TV — by default, I’ve usually got the BBC’s News channel on — expecting to hear more about the Nice Bastille Day Attack.

Only to find there’s been an attempted coup: in Turkey.

Brexit, terror attacks in France, Turkish coups … !

What next?

It’ll be the Apocalypse!


~≈Ÿ≈~

But let’s get moving on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 16th July, 1955, saw who win the British Grand Prix?
Q2) David Farragut was named as the US Navy’s first ever Rear Admiral.   On 16th July of which year: 1861, 1862 or 1863?
Q3) 16th July, 1945, saw the US test a plutonium based atomic bomb: in Alamogodo, New Mexico.   The bomb test was carried out by which Project: Mandrake, Manhattan or Manchester?
Q4) Comet Shoemaker-Levy 9 was involved with its initial collision: on 16th July, 1994.   With what?
Q5) Finally?   Millennium Park opened: on 16th July, 2004.   In which North American city?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 15th July, 1910, saw Emil Kraepelin give a name to which condition?
A1) Alzheimer’s Disease.
Q2) 15th July, 2014, saw a train derail.   On what: the London Underground, Moscow Metro or Vancouver Skytrain?
Q3) 15th July, 1099, saw the capture of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre: during the First Crusade.   The Church is in which Middle Eastern city?
A3) Jerusalem.
Q4) 15th July, 1685, saw the execution of James Scott: for leading the Monmouth Rebellion.   Scott was 1st Duke of Monmouth: and where else?
A4) Buccleuch.
Q5) Finally … Mount Bandai erupted: on 15th July, 1888.   The volcano is in which Asian nation?
A5) Japan.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“The only people who have the long view are some scientists and some science fiction writers. I have always lived in a world in which I’m just a spot in history.”
Sheri S. Tepper, born 16th July, 1929.
And this tune … 


Have a good day.

Try not to be collateral damage!









*        You know, I’ll have to go and look up Casablanca, Olga: that’s another film on my bucket list!   Here’s hoping you’re right about some form of good news.   (Oh, there’s some, if you play Pokemon Go.   The place I work has got dozens of Pidgeots and Rattatas.   I’m not convincing you, am I … ?)

†        Oh, I’m hanging, Debbi!   Metaphorically, anyway!   (Oh … Apparently we can all improve our physical health … playing Pokemon Go … What were you saying about nuts … ?)

1 comment:

Debbi said...

You'd do better watching Casablanca! :)

1. Stirling Moss
2. 1862
3. Manhattan
4. Jupiter
5. Chicago