Tuesday 5 July 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 5-7-2016

Can I make a confession … ?

I’m feeling slightly nervous.

Not seriously nervous: but nervous enough.

You see … I’ve got an interview, today.

Although whether I’ll get the job concerned is a whole other matter.

It DOES come at a good time.

I’m not unhappy at work.

But we have a change in manager, this week.

On top of that … ?   On top of that, there’s always people one doesn’t get on with: something that’s been boiling for a while, but that’s seriously starting to bother me, recently.

Either way … ?

Well … 

Time for a fresh start, I think.   Here’s hoping the thing goes well … 

~≈Â≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring six out of six.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) The first African American to win the Men’s Wimbledon tournament did so: on 5th July, 1975.   Who was that winner?
Q2) The BBC aired its first TV news bulletin: on 5th July of which year of the 1950s?
Q3) Conservationists began rescue attempts, in South Africa: on 5th July, 2000.   They were rescuing over 18000 what: penguins, ostriches or emus?
Q4) Armenia adopted its constitution: on 5th July, 1995.   The republic had only become independent, four years, earlier: from where?
Q5) Finally … Algeria became independent from France: on 5th July, 1962.   It’s on the Mediterranean coast of where: North Africa or Southern Europe.
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) 4th July is US Independence Day.   What’s the capital city of the USA?
Q2) The USA’s Head of State is the President: currently, President Obama.   What’s the USA’s legislature?
A2) Congress.
Q3) Name either one of that legislature’s two Houses.
Q4) The US is a federal what: monarchy, confederacy or republic?
A4) Republic.
Q5) The US declared itself independent in which year of the 1770s?
A5) 1776.
Q6) Finally … Who’s the only US President to have born on the 4th of July?
I’ll leave you with this admission …
“I don’t have a formal home recording studio, but I can record tracks on my computer upstairs in my office.”
Huey Lewis, born 5th July, 1950.
And this tune … 


Enjoy your day … 











*        You know, people KEEP mentioning that scene, Olga: I’m really going to have to catch Deer Hunter, just to finder out what people are talking about … !   Oh, talking of Christopher Walken … ?   Did you ever hear Fatboy Slim’s Weapon of Choice‡?   Amazing who had dance training as youngsters … 


†        Whoah, slow down a bit, Debbi!   It’s been a while since the House of Commons ran the US!   Got to admit, I fell in love with LA Woman, once I heard it.   L’America and Texas Radio were my two favourite tunes from it.   Preferred the Quo’s version of Roadhouse Blues, though … 


‡        I’m convinced Fatboy’s a Dune fan: that ‘Walk without rhythm,’ line?   Is a direct lift from the book, from a description of how to survive the planet’s deep deserts: it’s a tip on how to avoid getting eaten by two hundred foot long sandworms.

1 comment:

Debbi said...

My problem is I spend so much time answering British trivia questions, it's skewed my thinking! :)

1. Althea Gibson
2. 1954
3. penguins
4. the Soviet Union
5. North Africa