Tuesday 19 July 2016

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 19-7-2016

Ye gods … 

But that was a hot night!

The past few days?

Have been definitely humid.

Uncomfortably so.

Yesterday?

Was absolutely gorgeous.

But frankly?

Frankly, it was definitely warm, last night.

~≈†≈~

But, while it was warm enough for me to comfortably fall asleep with the windows open?

It wasn’t warm enough to stop me watching a film.

If you get the chance, at some point?

I would seriously suggest you sit down with the Robert Eggers directed, The Witch.

I think it’s worth your time.

~≈†≈~

But let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers: scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 19th July, 1970, saw the birth of Scotland’s First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon.   Which political party is she leader of?
Q2) 19th July, 1952, saw the formal opening of the 1952 Summer Olympics.      They were held in which European country?
Q3) 28 years later, 19th July, 1980, saw the Summer Olympics open: in which Russian city?
Q4) The Metro line between Porte Maillot and Porte de Vincennes opened: on 19th July, 1900.   This marked the opening of the first part of which city’s Metro system?
Q5) Finally … Evelyn Glennie was born: on 19th July, 1965.   Dame Evelyn is a noted percussionist: despite being what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …
Q1) The world’s largest municipal bankruptcy was filed: on 18th July, 2013.   By the government of which US city: Birmingham, Chicago or Detroit?
A1) Detroit.
Q2) The body of Dr David Kelly was found: on 18th July, 2003.   He’d been central to a row between the Government and the BBC: about the use of intelligence in the run up to which war?
A2) The Iraq War.
Q3) 18th July, 1968, saw the founding of which chip company?
A3) Intel.
Q4) 18th July, 1848, saw the birth of cricketer, W. G. Grace.   was he an amateur or professional player?
A4) Amateur.
Q5) Finally … 18th July, 1969, saw the death of Mary Jo Kocechne: after the car she was in, crash, near Chappaquiddick Island.   Who was driving the car?
A5) The late Senator Edward ‘Teddy’ Kennedy.
I’ll leave you with this thought …
“My message is a simple one - the E.U. is not perfect, but Scotland's interests are best served by being a member.”
First Minister, Nicola Sturgeon, born 19th July, 1970.
And this tune … 


Have a good day!








*        I’ll try and avoid it, Debbi!   Oh, Are you much of a horror fan?   The Witch is well worth catching.   Completely bonkers, and VERY unnerving!


2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) The Scottish National Party
Q2) Finland
Q3) Moscow
Q4) Paris
Q5) Deaf
I thought I had replied to your questions yesterday. Now I'm wondering which day I replied to... Oh dear... I'm curious about the Witch and I thought it was still showing in cinemas here, but I seems to have just missed it. Back in the UK next week... I'll put in my list. I love horror but don't watch them that often these days, not sure why.

Debbi said...

I've never been big on horror. Except for Psycho, which was ... stunning! :)

And The Exorcist. Scary!

1. Scottish National Party
2. Helsinki, Finland
3. Moscow
4. Paris
5. deaf (that's amazing!)