Saturday 27 November 2021

About Bruce ...

27th November, 2021.

Just as a quick extra post?

I have a mild confession.

I’m like a few people I know: I get vaguely nostalgic about tech.

And I’m fond of the occasional Mac.

Including the first Mac mini I ever bought: back in 2008.

The thing was the result of earning £500, after getting a one hundred per cent score in a mystery shopper visit.

It was also the first new Mac I bought: and the thing I started writing Nik Nak's Old Peculiar on.
 
And the computer that ended up getting nicknamed ‘Bruce’: after the voice I chose to use.

I had a nostalgic phase, just recently: managing to get and external DVD drive, and a monitor, that I could use on him -- it!

I had half a mind to play a few old games on it.
 
Unfortunatley?

Bruce is going to get a decent burial: as the main drive’s gone.

The perils of nostalgia, hey?

No comments: