Wednesday 12 October 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 12th October, 2022.

12th October, 2022.


Right … it’s now Wednesday: and I’ve had the meeting in Chelmsford.

Which went well enough.

I’ve now got … a day off.

Or, at least, as much of a day off as you get, when you’re out of work!

I’ve just got enough enough to go shopping.

And?   Frankly?

Thinking spaghetti would make a nice change from chilli!

Bit also thinking I like my chilli!

Conundrums, hey?

~≈∑≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring six out of six, Olga on five and Mum on four!

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        12th October is the International Day Against DRM.   DRM, in this case, stands for Digital Rights what?

Q2)        12th October is the feast day of Saint Wilfrid of Ripon.   This particular Ripon is where: North Yorkshire, Oxfordshire or Essex?

Q3)        12th October is marked as Freethought Day: by freethinkers and secularists.   It was chosen as it marks the effective end of which trials?

Q4)        12th October, 2001, saw the death of Quintin Hogg: Baron Hailsham of St Marylebone. He served as Lord Chancellor under two Conservative Prime Ministers.   Margaret Thatcher was one.   Who was the other?

Q5)        Finally … ?   12th October, 539BC, saw Cyrus the Great’s army capture where: Babylon, Damascus or Thebes?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        11th October is the Feast day of Saint Alexander Sauli.   He’s a patron saint of where: Corsica, Sardinia or Cyprus?
A1)        Corsica.

Q2)        Surveying of one stretch of the Mason-Dixon Line finished: on 11th October, 1767.   The Terminal Point is on the borders of West Virginia and where: Pennsylvania, Maryland or Delaware?
A2)        Pennsylvania.

Q3)        The Second Vatican Council started: on 11th October, 1962.   Which Church organised it: the Roman Catholic Church, the Egyptian Orthodox Church or the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
A3)        The Roman Catholic Church.

Q4)        The Mary Rose was raised: on 11th October, 1982.   The ship was part of which king’s navy?
A4)        Henry 8th’s.

Q5)        Which modern king was at the raising of the Mary Rose?
A5)        King Charles 3rd.

Q6)        Finally … ?   Actress, Claudia Black, was born on 11th October, 1972.   She played Aeryn Sun in which science fiction series?
A6)        Farscape.
Here’s a thought … 
“The Hollywood lifestyle was just overwhelming.   A party here, an interview there, magazine and modeling shoots daily, your face everywhere and girls throwing themselves at you.   As great as it felt at the time, I still felt something missing, and that I needed to change.”
Kirk Cameron, born October 12, 1970.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.






*        Hello, Mum!

        I know what you mean, Olga: I’m always double checking, myself.   Especially if my muscle memory has a senior moment!   And I’m hoping Jude will.   It — hopefully — doesn’t hurt that I hand him the keyboard, occasionally.   (I think he’s made a friend, at school: who seems to know what he’s doing.)
        Ahhh … that’s what happened!   I was wondering!   And it’s easy to forget the Chinese have a space program: they keep very quiet about it!

        The guy gets around a bit, Debbi.   He’s doing an episode of Repair Shop, for example.   I get the impression he’s a bit more media friendly than his mother.   (William and Harry are a bit more media savvy, I think.)
        Oh, did I mention I’ve been watching Inside Man … ?   It’s rather good: and may appeal.   David Tennant’s playing a vicar who makes some serious mistakes^.   And Stanley Tucci plays a very interesting detective … who’s a death row inmate … 


^        He takes a USB stick off of an iffy parishioner.   Then finds out what’s on it.   And ends up … I’ll let you watch it, shall I … ?

3 comments:

Freda said...

1 Mangement
2 North Yorkshire
3 Salem Witch trials
4 Edward Heath
5 Babylon

Olga said...

Q1) Management

Q2) North Yorkshire. Quite a nice part of the world

Q3) The Salem With Trials

Q4) Edward Heath

Q5) Babylon
I completely missed question 6 yesterday! I never saw it, to be honest. Oh, well... You should prewarn us. I hope you solve your conundrum to your satisfaction (spaghetti vs. chile) Not an easy choice.
And Angela Landsbury is gone. My mother thought she was dead already.

Debbi said...

Is that on Netflix? Or BBC America? Or what? :)

I could always look it up, huh? :)

1. Management
2. North Yorkshire
3. the Salem Witch trials
4. Edward Heath (also born on my birthday! well, different year, of course)
5. Babylon