Saturday 22 October 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 22nd October 2022.

22nd October, 2022.


Yes: it’s officially the case … that I’ve started work on this post good and early.

Because I’m up early: obviously.

Basically?

I’ve got to go to Romford.

Not because I’m selling something at their branch of CeX … but because that’s where I’m having my COVID booster.

I know where I’m going, I’ve topped up my Oyster card … 

I’m just hoping it doesn’t rain.

~≈☔️≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        22nd October is the Feast Day of Pope John Paul 2nd.   He’s the patron saint of where: Poland, Latvia or Estonia?

Q2)        22nd October is the date of the Jidai Matsuri festival.   In which Japanese city: Tokyo, Kyoto or Chiba?

Q3)        Rapper and actor, Plan B, was born on 22nd October, 1983.   He played Noel Winters in which 2009 film: 44 Inch Chest, Endgame or Harry Brown?

Q4)        Sam Houston was inaugurated on 22nd October, 1836.   As President of where: the USA, the CSA or the Republic of Texas?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Nixon in China debuted: on 22nd October, 1987.   It’s a what: opera, musical or TV show?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Alec Baldwin accidentally shot Halyna Hutchins on the set of a film called Rust.   On 21st October of which year?
A1)        2021.   (Just recently? Baldwin had settled with the Hutchins family.   I don’t know if that’s something they think helps … )

Q2)        21st October is the feast day of Saint Ursula.   She’s a patron saint of whom: male teachers or female students?
A2)        Female students.   (In point of fact, there’s an all-girls, Ursuline School, in Brentwood.)

Q3)        For Whom The Bell Tolls was first published on 21st October, 1940.   Who wrote For Whom The Bell Tolls?
A3)        Ernest Hemingway.

Q4)        Canada’s 2019 federal election ended: on 21st October, 2019.   Who became Canadian PM as a result: Andrew Scheer, Jagmeet Singh or Justin Trudeau?
A4)        Justin Trudeau.

Q5)        Finally … ?   21st October, 1917, saw the birth of jazz musician, Dizzy Gillespie.   Famously, he played an extremely bent what: trumpet, trombone or saxophone?
A5)        Trumpet.
Here’s a thought … 
“There was definitely a point in my thirties when I thought, ‘Oh, wow, I’m not the youngest person on the set anymore’.”
Spike Jonze, born October 22, 1969.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        You’re not wrong, there, Olga!   I’ve got the last Mock the Week on iPlayer, at the moment: and they’re being merciless about it … !   And hysterical as ever: they’re going out on a high note.   It’s one hell of a closing episode.
        You’re right: Nicky’s fantastic!   (He used to sing for Samson, if that’s any interest.)

        Hello, Mum!

        There’s probably T-shirt printers who could do it, Debbi.   Google tells me there’s a place called Captain Jerry’s in Baltimore … … … … … … 

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Poland

Q2) Kyoto

Q3) Harry Brown

Q4) the Republic of Texas

Q5) An opera
I can't access the iPlayer from here, but I'm sure it will appear somewhere where I can check it given time. I hope the vaccination goes well. My mother had her fourth (and the flu vaccine at the same time) a few weeks ago, and she didn't feel too good for a day or so, although that was all.
Here there were a few drops of rain yesterday, but the weather is still very mild for this time of the year.

Freda said...

1 Poland
2 Kyoto
3 Harry Brown
4 Texas
5 Opera

Debbi said...

I wouldn't know. I don't hang out in Baltimore. :)

But it sounds like a place Baltimore would have. Seafood is big around here. Especially crabs!

1. Poland
2. Kyoto
3. Harry Brown
4. the Republic of Texas
5. opera