Sunday 23 October 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 23rd October 2022

23rd October, 2022.


Right … 

It’s Sunday.

And I’m vey aware that I almost said Tuesday, there.

I’ve got a couple of meetings, tomorrow: so I’m looking forward to Tuesday!

At any rate … ?

It’s assertively Sunday, 23rd October, 2022.

Which means?

Power of the Doctor, Jodie Whittaker’s last episode as the 13th Doctor, is on tonight.

At 19:30, on BBC 1.

Frankly?

I’m looking forward to it.


~≈★≈~

Oh, JUST as a thought … ?

I’ve posted my review of Spock Amok: the most recent episode of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds.

Feel free to hit the Like button!


~≈★≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        23rd October is an unofficial holiday called Mole Day.   It’s marked by whom: chemists, physicists or linguists?

Q2)        Jaydn Su’a was born on 23rd October, 1997.   He plays which version of rugby: league or union?

Q3)        23rd October, 1972, saw the end of Operation Linebacker.   Operation Linebacker was a US bombing campaign, where: North Vietnam, South Korea or East Berlin?

Q4)        One country’s Civil War was declared over: on 23rd October, 2011.   Which country’s Civil War: Libya’s, Syria’s or Egypt’s?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Sarah Bernhardt was born on 23rd October, 1844.   She was an actress from where: France, Germany or Belgium?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        22nd October is the Feast Day of Pope John Paul 2nd.   He’s the patron saint of where: Poland, Latvia or Estonia?
A1)        Poland.   (He’s a saint … … already? That seems a bit quick … )

Q2)        22nd October is the date of the Jidai Matsuri festival.   In which Japanese city: Tokyo, Kyoto or Chiba?
A2)        Kyoto.

Q3)        Rapper and actor, Plan B, was born on 22nd October, 1983.   He played Noel Winters in which 2009 film: 44 Inch Chest, Endgame or Harry Brown?
A3)        Harry Brown.   (He’s credited as Ben Drew.)

Q4)        Sam Houston was inaugurated on 22nd October, 1836.   As President of where: the USA, the CSA or the Republic of Texas?
A4)        The Republic of Texas.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Nixon in China debuted: on 22nd October, 1987.   It’s a what: opera, musical or TV show?
A5)        Opera.
Here’s a thought … 
“Those who know the joys and miseries of celebrity when they have passed the age of forty know how to defend themselves.”
Sarah Bernhardt, 23 October 1844 – 26 March 1923.
And a video…


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        It’s worth watching, Olga: it was one hell of a show!
        The vaccination went well.   Although the location was … well, it wasn’t where I though it was.   It was on the other side of the Mall.   Granted, it’s not the biggest shopping mall in Essex — that’s still Lakeside — but it’s quite a hike!

        Hello, Mum!   See you later!

        Ahhh … crabs … !   Just as a pointless fact for you, Debbi, the word’s a British English term for pubic lice!   I never did like shell fish!
        Oh … Have you found a US broadcast time for The Power of The Doctor?   And can I make a confession?   I’m betting Jodie will regenerate into David Tennant … and say something like ‘What?   What???’   Or complain he’s not ginger … 

5 comments:

trev-v said...

I am going to Romford next Tuesday for my 4th covid jab. It is in the old Sports direct shop where i had my 3rd covid jab. It was very efficient there last time.

Olga said...

Q1) Chemists

Q2) league

Q3) North Vietnam

Q4) Libya’s

Q5) France
Oh, I remember visiting Lakeside once, with a friend from work. I think we were coming back from visiting her parents. I remember we ate at an Old Orleans, which was a favourite of ours at the time. Yes, if you had to find the location there it might have been a problem. (I wonder if the Old Orleans chain of restaurants is still working, although it isn't the best place to go if you're trying to keep to a diet... I remember even the salads were bucket size)
I hope your meetings go well tomorrow. We have the yearly radio photo this afternoon, and afterwards I have to cover an operistic event in aid of Alzheimer's. Thankfully it isn't very far from the radio, but I might have to rush if there are any delays, as tends to be the case when a lot of people gather together and have to be organised... And posed...
Oh, enjoy the Doctor.

Nik Nak said...

That’s where I had mine, Trevor.

Except I went left, instead of right, going into the Liberty: and got lost.

Freda said...

1 Chemists
2 Rugby league
3 North Vietnium
4 Libya
5 French

Debbi said...

Actually, "crabs" is also used in the US to refer to lice. People do talk about catching the crabs from someone.

As for David Tennant, nothing would surprise me. Perhaps he'll grouse about being ginger in an incomprehensible Scottish accent? No, wait. Not for playing The Doctor, surely?!

I still need to take the quiz, aka, teaser.

1. chemists
2. league
3. North Vietnam
4. Libya's
5. France

I don't know I feel the need to say this, but I really miss that guy who played the Brigadier. Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart.