Tuesday 25 October 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 25th October, 2022.

25th October, 2022.


Yes: it’s Tuesday.

And yes: the UK’s got another new Prime Minister.

Britain’s got it’s first British Asian PM, in the shape of Rishi Sunak.

The King will be swearing him in, this afternoon.

I’m caught.

I couldn’t vote for his party with him at the helm: he’s leading the Tories, and I’ve never voted for them.

I don’t intend to start, now.

But … ?

Congratulations, Rishi: that’s one hell of a Diwali present.

(Apparently, he’s a Star Wars fan.)

~≈®≈~

Oh, JUST so you know?

I’ve finished my written and video reviews of The Power of the Doctor.


Feel free to hit the Like button!

~≈®≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        In the Old style Julian calendar, 25th October, 1917, saw the start of the October   Revolution. Where: Russia, China or Turkey?

Q2)        That Revolution actually started, on which date in 1917: 7th November, 8th November or the 9th November?

Q3)        The Republic of China was replaced by the People’s Republic of China: on 25th October, 1971.     At what: the UN, EU or KGB?

Q4)        25th October is the feast day of Saint Dorcas.   She’s also known as Saint what: Tina, Tanya or Tabitha?

Q5)        Finally … ?   25th October is Sovereignty Day, where: Slovenia, Slovakia or Switzerland?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Henry Parkes delivered the Tenterfield Oration: on 24th October, 1889.   The speech called for the federation of British colonies, where: Australia, New Zealand or Botswana?
A1)        Australia.

Q2)        The George Washington Bridge was dedicated: on 24th October, 1931.   It between Manhattan and New Jersey, and over which US river?
A2)        The Hudson River.

Q3)        The Emperor Domitian was born: on 24th October, AD51.   He belonged to which Roman dynasty: the Flavians, Nerva-Antonines or Severan?
A3)        The Flavians.

Q4)        24th October, 1561, saw the birth of Anthony Babington.   He led a plot to topple which English monarch: Henry 8th, Elizabeth 1st or James 6th and 1st?
A4)        Elizabeth 1st.

Q5)        Finally … ?   24th October, 1985, saw the birth of football manager, Wayne Rooney.   He’s currently the head coach of which US team: DC United, Inter Miami CF or CF Montréal?
A5)        DC United.
Here’s a thought … 
“What would I do?   I’m no good at crocheting.   My fingers would bleed!”
Jeanne Cooper, October 25, 1928 – May 8, 2013.
And some music …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.







*        €4000?   That’s a very good amount, Olga.   And, yeah: I lost a Grandmother to Alzheimers/Dementia, so I’m sympathetic.   It’s a nasty piece of work.   Well done, him: that much money is going to fund both the research, AND support for sufferers
        Power of The Doctor has its flaws, Olga.   And Daleks, Cybermen, CyberMasters, the Master — Sacha Dhawan was great, I should add — the First Doctor, Fifth Doctor, Sixth Doctor, Seventh Doctor, Eighth Doctor, Graham, Dan, Mel, Jo Grant, Ian Chesterton, and a train.   But it does work.
        Yes, I’m looking forward to it: but feel slightly mixed.   I believe I know the hows and whys of Davies’ appointment: he successfully revived the show, has an armful of awards and brought a big funding package with him, this time.   But it would have been nice to see a fresh show runner in the job.

        Hello, Mum!   Oh, WhatsApp’s down: I’ll be sending over the link by Text Message.

‡        It’s very good, Debbi.   Just don’t watch reviews, until you’ve seen it!   (The companion’s meeting is quite something!   That’s Ian Chesterton!)

4 comments:

Freda said...

1 Russia
2 7th November
3 UN
4 Tabitha
5 Slovinia

Olga said...

Q1) Russia

Q2) 7th November

Q3) the UN

Q4) Tabitha

Q5) Slovenia
Yes, I saw about the new MP. Well, he's someone new (sort of), although I share your concerns. We shall see. Perhaps King Charles III will end up having met more MPs than his mother at this rate!
This afternoon I'm covering an event to promote mental health, so there seems to be a theme developing here. I'm curious because I haven't had much to do with that side of things here, at least not since I was a Medical student.

trev-v said...

That music that you played took me back to my teenage years(over 50 years ago). Whilst all my school friends were buy pop singles by new groups suck as The Beatles, Jerry and the Pacemakers, Freddie and the dreamers and Cilla Black , I was buying light classical music on EPs. one of the first was the 1812 overture, another was the Blue Danube and another was Beathoven 5th symphony.

Notice they were not buying records by Southern groups.

Yes even back the i was different.

Back early from my covid jab. the 498 bus was going uner the M25 at the official time of my appointment and i was back home not long at 15.00

Debbi said...

Oh, my gosh! Now, I'm just champing at the bit. :)

1. Russia
2. 7th November
3. the UN
4. Tabitha
5. Slovenia