Tuesday 3 January 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 3rd January 2023 Teaser

3rd January, 2023.


Right … I’m up early, today.

As I’ve got my nephew, early, today?

I need to get some shopping done early.

Oy … vey … !

At any rate … ?

I didn’t get to watch a movie, last night: so that’s something I’ll have to pencil in for later!

~≈®≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five and Mum on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        3rd January 1885, saw the start of the Battle of Núl Bop.   The battle was between armies from China, and which European country: France, Portugal or Germany?

Q2)        The 49th state to join the USA, did so on 3rd January, 1959.   Which state was it?

Q3)        3rd January, 1947, saw proceedings, where, televised for the first time: the House of Commons, the UK’s High Court or the US Congress?

Q4)        The International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights went into force: on 3rd January, 1976.   What’s the only country to sign — but not ratify — the Covenant: China, the USA or Russia?

Q5)        Finally … ?   F1 driver, Michael Schumacher, was born: on 3rd January, 1969.   When did he retire from the sport: 2011, 2012 or 2013?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Christy Turlington was born: on 2nd January, 1969.   She found fame as a what: singer, actress or model?
A1)        Model.

Q2)        Tia Carrere was born on 2nd January, 1967.   She played Cassandra Won in which 1992 film: Under Siege, Wayne’s World or Zebrahead?
A2)        Wayne’s World.

Q3)        Who went on strike in the UK, on 2nd January, 1980: miners, steelworkers or police officers?
A3)        Steelworkers.

Q4)        The Viet Cong won the Battle of Ap Bac: on 2nd January, 1963.   During which War: the Vietnam War, the Korean War or the War of Blenkinsop’s Leg?
A4)        The Vietnam War.

Q5)        Finally … ?   2nd January, 1974, saw President Nixon sign the law that lowered the US speed limit.   To what: 55mph, 60mph or 65mph?
A5)        55mph.
Here’s a thought … 
“I’m Michael Schumacher. I don’t need to test my driving ability.”
Michael Schumacher, born January 3, 1969.
And a song by Zulema …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum.   It was the steel workers that went on strike.

        Oh, very true, Olga, VERY true.   There was a — possibly apocryphal — story doing the rounds when I was working in the trade: it said hospitality staff, as we were in the pub all day, were the third heaviest drinkers going.   The top two were supposed to be medical staff and journalists.   I’ll leave that there, shall I … ?   :D
        I seriously had to put the movie on hold, Olga: I really was thrown off, arranging Jude’s visit, today.   It’s a shame: I got partway through The Black Phone, before I gave up.   Which is a definite shame: it does seem like an interesting movie.

        Oh, handy, Debbi!   What sort of series?   I’m assuming crime, but … !
        Oh, did I mention I’ve Radio Four’s Today programme on?   They’ve had Steven Moffat on: he was promoting his new play, The Unfriend.   If you’re anywhere near the West End on 19th January, it’s opening night!   (Oh, he talked about Dr Who: and said words to the effect of “There’s only ever three monsters on screen, and only one of them takes their helmet off.”)

4 comments:

trev-v said...

"Decisions about scores are final."

But as usual you give the wrong scores in your intro.

Olga said...

Q1) France

Q2) Alaska

Q3) US Congress

Q4) the USA (Cuba has also signed but not ratified it, if the Wikipedia article is correct, and the same for Comoros and Palau, but they signed it later, so I guess if the date is the important thing, the question is correct).

Q5) 2012
Yes, there are days when I can't face movies, although for me, these days, it is series I usually don't have much patience for. I watched a recorded play yesterday evening, a comedy, and it was very funny.
I've been hard at work decorating and putting together the Royal Camp for tomorrows's extravaganza, and I will probably be back this afternoon. We will be busy all day tomorrow; it is likely we'll just have something to eat there, and then we will have to try and help put everything away when it finishes, so I won't be joining the teaser, but I'll share links and pics when those are available.
Have a great day, Paul.

Freda said...

1 France
2 Hawalii
3 US Congress
4 China
5 2012

Debbi said...

And here I am with answers. :)

Wish I could swing by the West End for the show!

1. France
2. Alaska
3. the US Congress
4. the USA
5. 2012

Interestingly, the web series isn't a crime show. Not that I'm aware of. However, there have been times when it reminds me of The Prisoner! Just a little.