18th June, 2019
Yep: it’s been one of those days.
One where a piece of kit had to be returned to Basildon Hospital.
Kit that is supposed to check my blood oxygen levels: but that I found incredibly uncomfortably to wear.
The nasal cannula wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.
The machinery that it was attached to?
That made me look like a wannabe Borg … ?
And was supposed to stay on overnight … ?
Well …
That didn’t last long.
At any rate, I’ve taken the kit back to Basildon Hospital, today, and tried highlighting I have an issue.
Hopefully?
We can see what happens.
~≈Í≈~
At any rate … ?
I’m back home, unencumbered by stuff!
Home: and listening to Japan’s Tin Drum LP.
There’s time when ambient rain suits my mood.
Tonight … ?
The album that introduced the world to Ghosts* seems the thing.
That … ?
And a TV show.
Yes, you’re right.
The last episode of El Ministerio del Tiempo/The Ministry of Time
third series …
It’s a gig and a half …
~≈Í≈~
Moving on …!
Episode 13 — Entre dos tiempos/Between two times — sees the Ministry finding out the hideous truth: that someone in 1966 is turning the Ministry’s past … into a TV show.
Replacing it with Spain’s seminal horror series is relatively easy …
Until the team realise the man behind the leak …
Has taken over the Ministry in 2011.
And turned it into a tourist destination.
That’s not all …
Pacino and Lola (Hugo Silva and Macarena García) get the shock of their lives …
When they realise Alonso (Nacho Fresneda) … wants to retire …
Time traveling diseases, tourists in the heart of the ministry, and Irene (Cayetana Guillén Cuervo) with an eye-patch … ?
Ever get the feeling bad times are coming … ?
~≈Í≈~
Now …
I’ve got to give it to Javier Olivares and the rest of the team behind El Ministerio del Tiempo … they’ve made one hell of an entertaining series: one that’s been entertaining me for months, has well though out characters, and whose only flaw?
Is having the Spanish equivalent of Gadzooks turn up occasionally.
And one I was saddened to see the theoretical back of.
After all, the cast were great: with Alonso (Nacho Fresnada) being the stand out character amongst a stand-up ensemble.
Saddened …
But also pleasantly surprised … to see that there’s potentially going to be a fourth series.
In theory, by 2020.
I hope so.
El Ministerio del Tiempo is a breath of fresh air.
A breath of fresh, Spanish air, with a knowledge of history rivalling — and going beyond — Dr Who’s, a sense of fun rivalling anything any three comedies you care to name, and a lot less king slaying doomyness than Game of Thrones†.
Frankly?
I’m looking forward to a few new releases.
A potential fourth season of El Ministerio del Tiempo?
Has joined that list.
* Ghosts has to be one of the most haunting songs I’ve heard. It’s almost as jaw-dropping Breakfast, by the Associates. That was Billy Mackenzie’s finest moment …
† Someone dying horribly whilst having sex with their aunty? Is now event TV …


No comments:
Post a Comment
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.