Monday 3 June 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 3-6-2019: Attacked

3rd June, 2019.


Right … 

That’s that seemingly finished.

Google had issues, last night: which meant uploading video was … awkward.

It certainly meant uploading video to a post, last night, tricky.

Thankfully?

It’s been resolved.

I’m happy … but wondering what happened … 

~≈§≈~

So, anyway … hospital … 

I’ve a hospital appointment, tonight and tomorrow.

I have to pick up a piece of kit to let me do an overnight pulse oximetry test.

Basically?

It’s a test to monitor my oxygen levels, overnight: to check my overnight lung function.

Am I worried about potential long term implications?

Of course I am: frankly, there’s a lot going on, hear.

But … ?

Well … one step at a time, eh … ?

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf* and Olga† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.   The day ALSO say Trevor saying hello.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) Eight people were killed by Islamic terrorists: on 3rd June, 2017.   In an attack that started at which London landmark?
Q2) The attackers went on to attack which nearby shopping area?
Q3) The attackers were killed by armed officers from which UK police force?
Q4) The attackers claimed to be inspired by which group?
Q5) Finally … ?   Name any one of the eight victims …
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 2nd June, 2017, saw the sad death of actor, Peter Sallis.   He appeared in all two hundred and ninety-five episodes of which sitcom … ?
Q2) 2nd June, 1740, saw the birth of the Marquis de Sade.   He spent ten years imprisoned in which stormy, French fortress?
Q3) The Queen was formally crowned: on 2nd June, 1953.   Her procession TO the coronation started in which landmark?
Q4) The Battle of Aqbat al-Bakr took place: on 2nd June, 1010.   It took place in what’s now where: China, Israel or Spain?
A4) Spain.   (In what’s now the Caliphate of Códoba.)
Q5) Finally … ?   Timothy McVeigh was convicted — on 2nd June, 1997 — of bombing a federal building: in which US city?
Here’s a thought …
“Medics were not told that three victims of the London Bridge attack needed urgent attention, an inquest has heard.”
From London Bridge attack inquests: Medics 'did not know where victims were', one of several BBC reports on the Inquest into the Attack.
And a video …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Morning, Anne: how are we doing?   (I’m an email/phonecall/text away, if needed!   I know @Gamitiel and Greebo are thinking of you, too.)

†        Oh, yes: this third series is all go, Olga!   And I get the impression Lope de Vega was a bit of a lad … !   (There’s one scene I found funny in that episode.   Cervantes and de Vega nearly come to blows … until Amelia gives them a ticking off … Aura Garrido put in a performance, there!)

4 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1) London Bridge (2) Borough Market (3) Metropolitan Police (4) Islamic State (5)Sara Zelenak
Thank you very kind of you, I'm doing good, having a break of social media, most likely few months at least, maybe return with a new account in the future. I've joined some educational courses and going out more. Keeping my Pinterest and Youtube channel. very appreciated the you's all caring

Olga said...

Q1) London Bridge
Q2) Borough Market
Q3) Metropolitan Police
Q4) Islamic State (ISIS)
Q5) Ignacio Echeverría Miralles de Imperial. A good man, indeed.
I hope your test goes well, Paul. Keep us posted!
Ah, for what I've read, I believe Lope de Vega was indeed a lad... A great writer, as well. I think Aura is very good, and her character is wonderful. ♥

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

Sorry, didn't see you had a hospital appointment until I got a blog email notification, hope it goes ok

Debbi said...

Hi! I hope Blogger doesn't consume this one! :)

1. London Bridge
2. Borough Market
3. the Metropolitan Police, aka, the Met
4. ISIS
5. Kirsty Boden