Wednesday 5 June 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 5-6-2019: World Environment Day

5th June, 2019.


You know, it’s not often I say this: and not often I repeat it.

But something I highlighted, last night?

Was something Apple are doing.

In an announcement, a couple of days ago, they waved the new MacPro at people: yes, I’d love one.

With the wheels, thank you … !

In a separate announcement?

They announced they’re going to be dissolving iTunes on the Mac: and replacing it with three separate apps.

Hmmm … 

I’m … 

Well, I covered this in further detail in last night’s post about El Ministerio del Tiempo.

But it boils down to this.

I’ve a large media library: what happens to that, when the change comes?

And will I still be able to use the replacements to do that?

There’s other questions: highlighted by a friend, last night.

What on Earth happens to those of us with classic iPods: or olde model iPads, or iPhones … ?

I don’t know.

Frankly?

I’m concerned.

~≈Ç≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 5th June is World Environment Day.   It was first officially marked in which year of the 1970s?
Q2) This year’s theme is air … what?
Q3) One factor behind global warming, is the  high emissions of what: carbon dioxide, argon or helium?
Q4) Which David Attenborough narrated series revealed the extent of plastic pollution in the world’s oceans?
Q5) Finally … which 1997 Protocol is designed to force countries to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Which cathedral’s steeple was destroyed by fire: on 4th June, 1561?
A1) Old St Paul’s.
Q2) Tonga gained its independence form the UK: on 4th June, 1970.   What’s the capital city of Tonga?
Q3) 4th June, 1964, saw the birth of actor, Sean Pertwee.   In which series does he play Alfred Pennyworth?
A3) Gotham.
Q4) Actor, and singer, Bradley Walsh, was born on 4th June, 1960.   What was his most recently released album?
A4) When You’re Smiling.   (“You’re just making sounds, now!”)
Q5) Finally … Henry Ford completed his first, gasoline powered, car: on 4th June, 1896.   What was it called?
A5) The Ford Quadricycle.
Here’s a thought …
“On World Environment Day, the message is simple: reject single-use plastic. Refuse what you can’t re-use. Together, we can chart a path to a cleaner, greener world.”
UN Secretary General, António Guterres
And a song that’s vaguely green …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Morning, Anne: how’s today?

†        I’m keeping my fingers crossed, Olga: I’m expecting to hear about the results, soon … 

‡        Oh, Debbi, did you see the news about iTunes?   (Oh, you’re still not eaten … )

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1) 1974(2) Pollution(3) carbon dioxide(4) Blue Planet II (5) Kyoto Protocol

Olga said...

Q1) 1974
Q2) Air Pollution (Beat Air Pollution, I think, it’s the motto)
Q3) carbon dioxide
Q4) Blue Planet II
Q5) The Kyoto protocol
I think people who don't run out of the door to buy the newest product are far from a big priority for any of these companies. I'm sure you'll find a way around it (I don't use iTunes so I can't really say anything about it).

Debbi said...

I hadn't seen it. I'll bet Rick has, though. Maybe. :)

1. 1974
2. pollution
3. carbon dioxide
4. Blue Planet II
5. the Kyoto Protocol

Speaking of Rick, he tells me Trump is allying himself with Boris Johnson. And they want to weaken the National Health. Is that correct?!