Monday 17 June 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 17th June, 2019.

17th June, 2019


Wouldn’t you know it … ?

I have to go back to hospital!

Remember, a week or two ago, I had to go to Basildon Hospital: to pick up a gadget to test my overnight blood oxygen levels?

The results?

Were inconclusive … !

So … I have to go back: to get another bit of kick, and do another overnight test … 

~≈§≈~

In the mean time … ?

I can get good and buried: into a TV show!

Although, right now, Game of Thrones has finished: and I’m going to be watching the last episode of the incredible El Ministerio del Tiempo.

Frankly?   I’m hoping the Game of Thrones prequel goes through: although I think it’s a shame the Benioff and Weiss planned Confederate didn’t.   I can appreciate it wasn’t a popular idea: but still think it sounded like an interesting story to tell.

I’m also looking forward to the last El Ministerio del Tiempo.

Yes, it’s the last of the current series.

But there is talk of a fourth.

I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Badwolf†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Anne on four..

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) At least sixty-four people were killed on 17th June, 2017.   After a series of wildfires in which country … ?
Q2) Which French speaking island set up a kingdom: on 17th June, 1794?
Q3) M. C. Escher was born on 17th June, 1898.   His last print, Snakes, was released when: 1965, 1967 or 1969?
Q4) The three Baltic states were occupied by the Soviet Union: on 17th June, 1940.   Name one of those states.
Q5) Finally … ?   17th June, 1967, saw which Asian nation announce a successfully completed nuclear test?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The first country to totally ban tobacco did so on 16th June.   Which country was it?
A1) Bhutan.
Q2) In which year?
A2) 2010.
Q3) The world’s main commercial tobacco plant is Nicotiana … what?
A3) Nicotiana tabacum.   Nicotiana rustica is also used.
Q4) Which ‘N’ is the main psycho-active ingredient in tobacco?
A4) Nicotine.
Q5) Finally … ?   Tobacco was named — in 2008 — as the single greatest cause of preventable disease.   By WHO?
A5) Actually, I could have left out the question mark, there.   The organisation concerned was the World Health Organisation: also known as the WHO.
Here’s a thought …
“In my prints I try to show that we live in a beautiful and orderly world and not in a chaos without norms, as we sometimes seem to.”
M. C. Escher, 17 June 1898 – 27 March 1972.

And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        You know, Olga, a confessional probably makes for a good exit for the doors.   How many people are going to question you, if you’re just heading for confession?   People are going to notice you using a fire exit when there’s no fire …!   Oh, I caught Contratiempos, last night.   Oh, my God,  Pacino shot Alonso … !!!!!!!!!!!!!!   (No spoilers, I’ve not started Good Omens, yet: I DO know there’s been adjustments.)

†        Morning, Anne!   I caught the last episode of Game of Thrones, yesterday.   I bet Daenerys didn’t see that coming!

‡        Oh, I never confuse the Who and the WHO, Debbi!   I dread to think what Keith Moon would’ve spent the budget on!   At any rate?   I’ve an interview on the 26th: hopefully … … …

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Portugal
Q2) Corsica
Q3) 1969
Q4) Estonia
Q5) China
I hope this time the visit the test gives some conclusive results (and good as well, of course). Don't worry. My lips are sealed...

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

1) Portugal (2) Corte(3) 1969(4) Latvia(5)China
I don't think Daenerys did, neither did I think Bran would end up on the Iron Throne. I liked the character Daenerys thought it may been her and Jon child would take the throne. Oh well.
Ive re-opened my Twitter account by the way

Debbi said...

All bets were off when it came to Keith Moon, I think. :)

Good luck with the interview. And all the rest.

1. Portugal
2. Haiti
3. 1969
4. Estonia
5. North Korea

BTW, I've gone back and made some changes to "Dead Ends". You may remember that scripted podcast story.

I may try to produce it myself. Possibly. :)