Friday 14 June 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 14th June, 2019

14th June, 2019.


Yes: it’s official.

I’ve been watching Game of Thrones, series eight.

The series isn’t something I’ve reviewed: plenty of others have done that.

But I did manage to watch episode 3, last night: The Long Night.

The one people complained was too dark?   At least, badly lit?

Yeah, that one.

I can see what they mean: it’s decidedly … you know … arty … !

I’ll tell you something else, too.

It don’t half go on!

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 


Q1) 14th June, 1940, saw German troops enter which city?
Q2) A fire broke out at Grenfell Tower: on 14th June, 2017.   The cause was a malfunctioning what?
Q3) 14th June, 1811, saw the birth of author, Harriet Beecher Stowe.   Her best known novel was … what?
Q4) 14th June, 1900, saw where, become a US territory?
Q5) Finally?   14th June, 1955, saw the birth of Paul O’Grady.   What’s the name of his famously foul mouthed drag character?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 13th June, 1967, saw the Soviet Government call for the UN to issue a resolution … against which country?
A1) Israel.
Q2) The Edict of Milan was posted on 13th June, 313AD: by Valerius Licinius and his co-emperor.   Who was that co-emperor?
A2) Constantine the Great.
Q3) 13th June, 1943, saw the birth of actor, Malcolm McDowell.   In which film does he play Mick Travis … for the third time?
Q4) Actress Kathy Burke, was borne on 13th June, 1954.   What was her debut film?
A4) Scrubbers.
Q5) Finally … ?   The Hayabusa probe returned to Earth: on 13th June, 2010.   Which country’s space agency had launched the probe … ?
A5) Japan’s.
Here’s a thought …
“The greater the interest involved in a truth the more careful, self-distrustful, and patient should be the inquiry.   I would not attack the faith of a heathen without being sure I had a better one to put in its place, because, such as it is, it is better than nothing.”
Harriet Beecher Stowe, June 14, 1811 – July 1, 1896.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.






*        Morning, Anne!   Bloody hell, you’re fast!   I have a formula one car filling in the answers.   Oh, turns out Amazon are being sued in the US: for recording kids.

†        I was sound asleep, Olga^, thankfully!   Saying that … ?   We’ve got poppies growing in the area: I’m just wondering if any remaining dealers are trying to grow heroin … !


‡        I keep meaning to look The Cooler up, Debbi, I really do.   Actually … ?   Inverlair Lodge gets a mention in a recent series I saw on iPlayer: specifically as the Cooler.   (You have to love a Malcolm McDowell quote … )

^        Oh, I corrected Kathy Burke’s birthday, after Trevor pointed it out on Facebook, Olga.   Correcting the video … ?   Where did you say that video software was … ?

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1)Paris (2)fridge-freezer (3)Uncle Tom's Cabin (4)Hawaii (5) Lily Savage
Did I read that right you watched season 8 Game Thrones, I didn't know you liked it. I'm a massive fan of the show. I have first 5 seasons on DVD boxset, I've watched rest umteen times. I loved the show but slightly disappointed in the end, however to my knowledge they filmed quite a few endings.
Hope everyone has a great weekend x

Olga said...

Q1) Paris
Q2) Fridge-freezer
Q3) Uncle Tom’s Cabin. I’ve read it and it’s not quite as bad as I expected it. (I know that’s not saying much, but I expected it to be very sentimental, and it wasn’t as over the top as I thought).
Q4) Hawaii.
Q5) Lily Savage (I haven’t seen him on TV all that often, but used to listen to his radio programme on Sunday afternoons [Radio 2] and he was very funny).
Love the song, by the way. I'm sure it's on the soundtrack of "Oh Brother!"

Debbi said...

It's a fantastic book!

1. Paris
2. refrigerator
3. Uncle Tom's Cabin
4. Hawaii
5. Lily Savage