“The greater the interest involved in a truth the more careful, self-distrustful, and patient should be the inquiry. I would not attack the faith of a heathen without being sure I had a better one to put in its place, because, such as it is, it is better than nothing.”
Harriet Beecher Stowe, June 14, 1811 – July 1, 1896.
* Morning, Anne! Bloody hell, you’re fast! I have a formula one car filling in the answers. Oh, turns out Amazon are being sued in the US: for recording kids.
† I was sound asleep, Olga^, thankfully! Saying that … ? We’ve got poppies growing in the area: I’m just wondering if any remaining dealers are trying to grow heroin … !
‡ I keep meaning to look The Cooler up, Debbi, I really do. Actually … ? Inverlair Lodge gets a mention in a recent series I saw on iPlayer: specifically as the Cooler. (You have to love a Malcolm McDowell quote … )
^ Oh, I corrected Kathy Burke’s birthday, after Trevor pointed it out on Facebook, Olga. Correcting the video … ? Where did you say that video software was … ?
(1)Paris (2)fridge-freezer (3)Uncle Tom's Cabin (4)Hawaii (5) Lily Savage Did I read that right you watched season 8 Game Thrones, I didn't know you liked it. I'm a massive fan of the show. I have first 5 seasons on DVD boxset, I've watched rest umteen times. I loved the show but slightly disappointed in the end, however to my knowledge they filmed quite a few endings. Hope everyone has a great weekend x
Q1) Paris Q2) Fridge-freezer Q3) Uncle Tom’s Cabin. I’ve read it and it’s not quite as bad as I expected it. (I know that’s not saying much, but I expected it to be very sentimental, and it wasn’t as over the top as I thought). Q4) Hawaii. Q5) Lily Savage (I haven’t seen him on TV all that often, but used to listen to his radio programme on Sunday afternoons [Radio 2] and he was very funny). Love the song, by the way. I'm sure it's on the soundtrack of "Oh Brother!"
I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?
I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.
Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.
Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.
If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.
Thank you.
* I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.
† Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.
(1)Paris (2)fridge-freezer (3)Uncle Tom's Cabin (4)Hawaii (5) Lily Savage
ReplyDeleteDid I read that right you watched season 8 Game Thrones, I didn't know you liked it. I'm a massive fan of the show. I have first 5 seasons on DVD boxset, I've watched rest umteen times. I loved the show but slightly disappointed in the end, however to my knowledge they filmed quite a few endings.
Hope everyone has a great weekend x
Q1) Paris
ReplyDeleteQ2) Fridge-freezer
Q3) Uncle Tom’s Cabin. I’ve read it and it’s not quite as bad as I expected it. (I know that’s not saying much, but I expected it to be very sentimental, and it wasn’t as over the top as I thought).
Q4) Hawaii.
Q5) Lily Savage (I haven’t seen him on TV all that often, but used to listen to his radio programme on Sunday afternoons [Radio 2] and he was very funny).
Love the song, by the way. I'm sure it's on the soundtrack of "Oh Brother!"
It's a fantastic book!
ReplyDelete1. Paris
2. refrigerator
3. Uncle Tom's Cabin
4. Hawaii
5. Lily Savage