Monday 2 September 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 2-9-2019: Ultimate Surrender.

2nd September, 2019.


OK, OK … 

Today’s introduction video is just a touch … um … odd … !

But I couldn’t resist using the clockwork teeth I picked up a while ago: in a chromakeyed bit of footage.

Just to see how it looked.

~≈§≈~

Can I make a mild confession?

We had a drug raid in my street: a couple of months ago, now.

One that made national headlines.

The reason I mention it … ?

Is that we had three police cars parked on our street, yesterday: and a forensics van.

What the hell they were for … ?

Well … 

I bet you, me and the neighbours, would love to know.

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Debbi and Olga on five out of five, and Anne on three.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) World War Two ended on 2nd September of which year?
Q2) It ended when Japan signed an unconditional … what?
Q3) The documents that need the war were signed on the USS Missouri: in which city’s bay?
Q4) The documents were signed by Mamoru Shigemitsu, on behalf of The Japanese government.   He was the Japanese what: Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, or Justice Minister?
Q5) Finally … ?   The day is marked as what, in the US?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 1st September, 1939, saw the informal start of World War 2: when Germany invaded Poland.   This year sees which anniversary of the invasion: the 70th, 80th or 90th?
A1) The 80th.   (2019 - 1939 = 80 …)
Q2) Which country was Germany’s partner in the invasion: Slovenia, Slovakia or the Czech Republic?
A2) Slovakia.
Q3) Germany’s Nazi regime launched the invasion: after a (faked) attack on a what: TV station, radio station or server farm?
Q4) Supposedly?   German tanks were attacked by Polish what: cats, cavalry or lancers?
A4) Cavalry.   (Apparently?   It’s a myth.)
Q5) Finally … ?   The invasion led to Poland’s occupation.   By Nazi Germany, and where else … ?
A5) Soviet Russia: also called the USSR.
Here’s a quote …
“We hereby proclaim the unconditional surrender to the Allied Powers of the Japanese Imperial General Headquarters and of all Japanese armed forces and all armed forces under the Japanese control wherever situated.”
And a video …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        Oh, my pleasure, Anne!   Thanks for tweeting them: every one helps!

†        Welcome back Olga: I’ll let you off the 70 answers, as it’s you!   And, yes: I’m back at work.   At a local(ish) shop.   I’ll tell you what, though, it’s killing my legs!    ‘Abused lead pipes’ is the best way of putting it.   Hopefully, though, that’ll pass!   Nice to know Sants 3 is handing out Best Street prizes.   What they’d make of the forensics van, I don’t know!

‡        I don’t blame you, Debbi!   I know the US Constitution’s a wonderful thing … but the right to bear arms is … well, doing more harm than it was supposed to.   As for the Orwell situation … ?   Somehow, I’m not surprised … !   (I seem to recall it’s not the first time Orwell’s been re-written.   I seem to recall the publishers had issues with the ‘2+2=5’ ending …)

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

(1) 1945(2) surrender of the Empire of Japan (3) Tokyo (4) Minister of Foreign Affairs(5)Victory over Japan Day

Olga said...

Q1) 1945
Q2) Surrender (Instrument of Surrender, it seems)
Q3) Tokyo
Q4) Minister of Foreign Affairs
Q5) The day is marked as what, in the US? Victory Over Japan Day
Sorry about the legs, although I remember I had similar problems when I was working in A&E as a students and sometimes footwear helped but…
It seems there have been incidents of one kind or another everywhere. There were two murders at the apartment building where the director of the radio station lives (same apartment, mind you, but still…). I was still on holiday so didn’t hear about it in detail but it seems they’re still trying to explain everything (domestic violence, it sounds like).

Debbi said...

Legal scholars will tell you that the 2nd Amendment wasn't intended to let anyone at all buy a gun. Really!

1. 1945
2. surrender
3. Tokyo
4. Minister of Foreign Affairs
5. V-J Day