Wednesday 25 September 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 25th September, 2019

25th September, 2019.


I swear … the older I get, the more those late nights are … 

Well … let’s just say they’re making my knees hurts … !

Which is usually why I have a shower when I get in.

That don’t half help!

~≈Ü≈~

JUST as an update on the Christmas present front?

It sounds like the Switch isn’t an option.

But that the Playstation 4 is!

Oy … yeh!

~≈Ü≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 25th September, 2018, saw who given a three to ten year sentence on sexual assault charges?
Q2) 25th September, 1926, saw the birth of actor, Aldo Ray.   In which film did he play Gene Hausler?
Q3) UN forces captured which city: on 25th September, 1950?
Q4) 25th September, AD275, was the last time the Roman Senate chose an emperor.   Which Emperor … ?
Q5) The first and only publication of Publick Occurrences Both Forreign and Domestick ^ happened on 25th September of which year?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 24th September 2014, saw the Mars Orbiter Mission arrive at Mars.   Which country’s space agency had launched the Mars Orbiter Mission?
A1) India’s.
Q2) The first all British team to successfully climb Everest did so: on 24th September of which year … ?
A2) 1975.
Q3) The world’s first nuclear powered aircraft carrier was launched on 24th September, 1960.   What was the US ship called … ?
A3) The USS Enterprise.
Q4) A G20 conference was heard: on 24th September, 2009.   In which US city?
Q5) Finally … ?   Cathay Pacific was founded: on 24th September, 1946.   Where’s the airline based: Hong Kong, Macao or Tibet?
A5) Hong Kong.
Here’s a thought …
“I think that if I were required to spend the rest of my life on a desert island, and to listen to or play the music of any one composer during all that time, that composer would almost certainly be Bach.”
Glenn Gould, 25 September 1932 – 4 October 1982.
And music …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Good luck with that, Anne: hopefully, it’ll go smoothly!   (If you can message me the link on Twitter, as and when?   That’s the best way of doing it.)

†        You’re not the first person to suggest that, Olga: a gift voucher’s a good idea.   I keep thinking a subscription to the various online services would be, too: although — obviously — there’s elements of child safety to consider, there!   It’s a whole other area, that.   (I do know Bowling for Columbine’s the second Michael Moore film.   I’ll be keeping my eyes peeled.   And getting the toast done …)

‡        It could be worse, Debbi, the Speaker of the House could be taking part in impeaching the President: after he tried coercing a foreign leader.   Oh, wait … 

^        I know it’s an older spelling of ‘domestic.’   But I keep wonder what on Earth a dome stick is … 

4 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

Bill Cosby,Saturday's Hero,Seoul,Tacitus,1690
Thankyou I will, possibly be next week when I get it completed

Olga said...

Q1) Bill Cosby
Q2) Saturday’s Hero (he was a favourite of my father’s and I do love Battle Cry)
Q3) Seoul
Q4) Marcus Claudius Tacitus
Q5) 1690
Good luck with the Play Station and the long hours. I watched Moore's Roger and Me, that's quite interesting as it was about the changes in Detroit (where he is originally from) when the car industry went into a nosedive... Recently, here in Spain, at least, they've shown one of his more recent documentaries, where he pokes fun at the idea of the Americans going to invade other places, but makes interesting points about what they could learn from other countries. Very informative, indeed (from education to the way Norway runs its prisons, for example). "Where to Invade Next" it's called. I guess he has just released a new version of Fahrenheit 11/9...

Olga said...

And I've just realised that, of course, his other documentary (that I watched a long time ago) was called Fahrenheit 9/11, and this one is 11/9... It makes sense.

Debbi said...

Oh, it's quite the show, isn't it? :)

1. Bill Cosby
2. Saturday's Hero
3. Seoul
4. Tacitus
5. 1690