Thursday 26 September 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 26th September, 2019

26th September, 2019.


Yes: after a late night, Tuesday and Wednesday … ?

I’ve got an easy start, today … !

Easy?

Early!

You see … ?

My typing’s abysmal, this time of the morning … !

~≈≈~

Oh … 

Just as a quick point … ?

I’ve been doing a little reading up on things.

Mostly?   The model of Playstation that the family’s looking at, for Jude.

I knew the thing could record games — the amount of stuff on Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, et al — told me that.

But I’ve found pages like these to be useful.

And … ?

Frankly means getting someone a USB drive could be a good idea … 

~≈€≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Badwolf*, Olga†, and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 26th September, 1953, saw the end of the rationing of what, in the UK: tea, coffee or sugar?
Q2) British troops retreated from which Dutch town: on 26th September, 1944?
Q3) The Chernobyl Nuclear power plant opened on 25th September, 1977.   It’s in what’s now which country?
Q4) An agreement was signed between the UK and China: on 26th September, 1984.   An agreement about the handover of what?
Q5) Finally … ?   26th September, 1888, saw the birth of T. S. Eliot.   In which year did he receive the Nobel Prize for Literature?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 25th September, 2018, saw who given a three to ten year sentence on sexual assault charges?
Q2) 25th September, 1926, saw the birth of actor, Aldo Ray.   In which film did he play Gene Hausler?
Q3) UN forces captured which city: on 25th September, 1950?
A3) Seoul.   (Those troops were musical.   They had Seoul.   Never mind.)
Q4) 25th September, AD275, was the last time the Roman Senate chose an emperor.   Which Emperor … ?
A4) Marcus Claudius Tacitus.   (He’s also called Marcus Claudius Tacitus Augustus.)
Q5) The first and only publication of Publick Occurrences Both Forreign and Domestick happened on 25th September of which year?
A5) 1690.
Here’s a thought …
“I am glad you have a Cat, but I do not believe it is So remarkable a cat as My Cat.”
T. S. Eliot, 26 September 1888 – 4 January 1965.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        I’ll look forward to seeing it, Anne.   (Hopefully, I’ll have a movie or to for you read about: but it all depends on how much time I get!)

†        You know, I’m going to have to have a look at more of Moore’s filmography, Olga, I really should!   It sounds interesting!   Oh … I’ve finally found out where the Playstation can put game footage.   Yep … I think someone’s going to be interested in hearing about USB sticks … (It’s not so much that the hours are long … more that they’re awkwardly played … )

‡         Isn’t it just, Debbi!   (Oh, remind me to look up Michael Moore … !)

3 comments:

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

Sugar,Arnhem.Ukraine,Hong Kong, 1948

Tomorrow will do quiz later as no internet after 12 midnight, virgin media cuts off and then its a case waiting for talk talk.

Olga said...

Q1) Sugar
Q2) Arnhem
Q3) Ukraine
Q4) Hong Kong
Q5) 1948
Your plan for the Play Station sounds good. Yes, some jobs have very awkward hours and seem to get in the way of everything. I went to a conference yesterday (well, a chat, really), where James Ellroy, the American writer (LA Confidential, the Black Dahlia...) was talking about his new book. He is very amusing and he knows it! (He calls himself the evil dog of American literature, doesn't have a computer or a mobile and writes by longhand...). I managed to speak to the local writer (Carlos Zanón) that was talking to him, for the radio. Now I should catch up on his books. Nice guy.

Debbi said...

He's a character.

1. sugar
2. Arnhem
3. Ukraine
4. Hong Kong
5. 1948