Saturday 28 September 2019

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 28-9-2019: The Falcon One

28th September, 2019.


Yes: it’s official.

I have the weekend off.

I’m happyish.

It means I can catch up with the laundry, at least!

Ho hum … … 

~≈ß≈~

On other fronts?

I’m going to be filming more Teasers, today: which is fun.

But also … ?

Now I know that my nephew’s present has been bought, I can start looking at exactly what games — or games — to get.

One problem … ?

He’s decided he likes Totally Accurate Battle Simulator.

We’re going to have to explain Steam* games to Mummy, I think … 

~≈ß≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga† Badwolf‡, and Debbi^ putting in their answers: with Olga and Anne scoring five out of five, and Debbi on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) The Falcon 1, the first privately owned rocket, made its fourth launch on 28th September, 2008.   Which company designed and launched it?
Q2) Who’s that company’s CEO?
Q3) Is the Falcon 1 re-useable?
Q4) Is the Falcon 1 a one or two stage rocket?
Q5) Finally?   This flight of the Falcon launched what: a car, satellite or cheese wheel?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) The Society of Jesus received its official charter: on 27th September, 1540.   The Society is better known, as who?
A1) The Jesuits.
Q2) 27th September, 1822, saw Jean-François Champollion announce he’d deciphered the Rosetta Stone.   Name either one of the two languages seen on the stone.   (Either one of the two languages.   I don’t want the name of the three writing systems: just the name of one of the languages.)
A2) Ancient Greek or Ancient Egyptian.
Q3) Urban 7th, the pope with the shortest reign in history, died on 27th September, 1590.   For how many days did his reign last: 11, 13 or 17 days?
A3) Thirteen.   (13.)
Q4) The Tripartite Pact was signed: on 27th September, 1940.   Name any one of the three nations who signed that pact.
A4) Germany, Italy or Japan.
Q5) Finally … ?   The People’s Republic of China started using what, on the 27th September, 1949?
A5) Flag.
Here’s a thought …
“What I’m trying to do is to make a significant difference in space flight and help make space flight accessible to almost anyone.”
The man who made the Falcon 1.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.





*        It’s a bit like a Netflix: only for games, rather than videos.

†        Bloody hell, I think I missed that offer, Olga!   Three for two on iTunes cards is a good deal: I usually use them, rather than my bank card, to rent movies and buy games.   Saying that … ?   Jude’s noticed an interesting game on Steam: getting TWO lots of gift cards is a pain!   You know, Ellroy’s starting to sound a little contradictory!   As for violence … ?   Let’s keep our finger’s crossed … !

‡        Sounds like you’ll be getting an easyish ride Anne.   Comparatively!

^        Oh, yes!   It’s a fascinating read, Debbi: but that cover’s not exactly what’s in the book … 

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Space X
Q2) Elon Musk (you’ve reminded me I have a book about him but haven’t got to reading it yet… Not that I dare to check my never ending reading list!)
Q3) Well… I’ve read stage 1 was designed to be reusable but that’s never been demonstrated and the stage 2 never was supposed to be re-usable, so I guess not really.
Q4) It seems I already answered that. Two stage.
Q5) Finally? This flight of the Falcon launched what: a car, satellite or cheese wheel? I guess satellite, but it was a simulation one, Ratsat or DemoSat,rather than a functional one, so does that count? (well, it sure wasn’t a car, although I like the idea of the cheese wheel).
The offer was a few years back, and it was on the £15 vouchers, but it was too good to miss (I don’t really use the Apple store for anything although I sell my books there, well, they are on sale there, selling them is a different thing). Yes, I didn’t know anything about Steam either, but I rarely play games. I wonder if you know this blog (https://www.scifiandscary.com/) I follow it because one of the reviewers (and founders of the site) is a member of one of the review groups I belong to, and although they focus on sci-fi and horror, they don’t talk only about books, but also about movies, games, artwork… You might be interested (and perhaps even collaborate with an article or reviews, although I’m not sure you’d have the time). But, anyway, you might find it interesting.
Oh, and Ellroy is notably contradictory (I don’t think he ever tells anybody what he really thinks, but that is his prerogative. After all, he’s a writer not, ejem, a politician…;)

Debbi said...

I can imagine. :)

1. SpaceX
2. Elon Musk
3. no
4. two stage
5. a satellite (tho I'm tempted to say "a cheese wheel" :))