Wednesday 29 July 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 28-7-2020: International Tiger Day

29th July, 2020.


Yes: it’s officially official … 

Stuff’s happening.

But that’s always the way, isn’t it?

I do know I went into town, yesterday: to follow up on the O2 situation.

And, at least, managed to talk an escalation manager.

Who’s advised that there’s not much they can do until the 31st — Friday, in other words* — when the system is due to be updated.

Frankly?   130 Kings Road’s still being gutted, the two extra floors haven’t even started, there’s no sign of anything resembling a phone mast … so I’m assuming we’re going to get a pigs dinner of a weekend.


~≈†≈~

On other fronts … ?

I don’t know what happened, there … 

But we’ve just had a power cut: a very short one.

Why?

I don’t know, I know it’s hit the people in Railway Square, around the corner from me.

Frankly, I’m hoping it’s a brief glitch, somewhere.

I’d hate to think it’s deliberate … !

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 29th July is International Tiger Day.   Tigers are big … what?
Q2) Tigers are what: carnivores, omnivores or herbivores?
Q3) Panthera tigris tigris include the Malayan, Indochinese, South China, Caspian and Siberian tigers.   Which one have we missed?
Q4) Panthera tigris sondaica, on the other hand, include the Sumatran tigers, Bali tigers and what else?
Q5) There’s speculation that the tiger’s closest relative is what: the snow leopard, cougar or lynx?
Q6) What’s smaller: male tigers or female tigers?
Q7) There’s a Bengal Tiger in Kipling’s The Jungle Book.   What’s the tiger called?
Q8) The WW2-era Tiger 1 was a German what: bomber, tank or submarine?
Q9) Which computer company made an operating system called Tiger: Apple, Google or Microsoft?
Q10) Finally … ?   Who won the US Open in 2000, 2002 and 2008?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 28th July is World Hepatitis Day.   The Hepatitis group of diseases affect what: the kidney, liver or pancreas?
A1) The liver.
Q2) As a result, that organ becomes what: inflamed, shrunken or fatty?
A2) inflamed.
Q3) Most versions of Hepatitis are caused by what: bacteria or viruses?
A3) Viruses.
Q4) How many proven versions of the disease are described by letters of the alphabet?
A4) Five: A, B, C, D and E.   Two other versions, Hepatitis F and GB virus C, are hypothetical.
Q5) Finally … ?   The sixth most common form is usually caused by overuse of what: alcohol, caffeine or water?
A5) Alcohol.
Here’s a thought …
“When you’re riding a tiger, the hard part is getting off.”
Chinese saying.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        The Teaser for Friday has a theme: Rum, Sodomy and the Lash.   That’s a metaphorical title, before anyone says anything!

†        I’m keeping my fingers crossed, Olga: I don’t think much has changed since last year’s result.   Those were clear.   I should know within the week.   Although, under the circumstances … 
At any rate … ?   I have to phone the dentist, today.   As I’ve got it right, the salt water’s reduces any swelling of the gums: and — again, if I’ve got things right — has a mild anti-bacterial effect.   Oh, the NHS has a page that mentions it.
And, yeah: there’s a few cloud services that get attacked: there’s one called Blackbaud that’s been affected, recently, I know that.   (It’s not quite what I meant, though.   Huawei are supposed to work with the Chinese equivalent of MI6/5.   I believe US tech companies do something similar: but wouldn’t know how to prove it!)

‡        Sorry about today’s length, Debbi: but tigers are gorgeous.   And, yeah, honours can be funny.   Oh, there’s a meme going the rounds that says Obama gave Jeffrey Epstein a gong.   I was sceptical, I know that!

4 comments:

trev-v said...

Yes that Power-cut was the whole of Brentwood. When I went into the kitchen before going for my paper the clock on the cooker was flashing. Also the clock on the Microwave was saying 01.38. I reset the clock on the microwave. I have never mastered the clock on the cooker too many buttons.

Here is 1 tiger you missed.

https://www.visitnorway.com/listings/the-tiger/7779/

too many questions to answer especial as i suspect that i may have a broken right thumb. It is certainly sore and tender4.

Nik Nak said...

Cheers for that, Trevor: I can possibly use that next year!

Hope The thumb gets better soon!

Olga said...

Q1) Cats
Q2) Carnivores
Q3) The Bengal Tiger
Q4) The Javan Tiger
Q5) The snow leopard
Q6) female tigers
Q7) Shere Khan
Q8) Tank
Q9) Apple
Q10) Tiger Woods
Fingers crossed (both for you and for Trevor). And O2 and the blackout... Too many things. Not sure I have enough fingers, considering how things are all round. Take care.

Debbi said...

Hi! I'm here, despite my dystonia. :) Um ...

1. cats
2. carnivores
3. Bengal
4. Javan
5. snow leopard
6. female tigers
7. Shere Khan
8. tank
9. Apple
10. Tiger Woods