Sunday 13 June 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 13th June, 2021.

13th June, 2021.


I’ve got to admit: it’s looking nice out, at the moment.

Frankly?

Nice enough to be worrying.

Hopefully?

It’s not going to be too hot!

~≈🌞≈~

Did I mention I’ve had a phone call?   From local reporter, Piers Meyler?

He’s working on updates to the stories about the phone mast that went down, last year.

Hopefully … ?

He’ll be able to do something with what I’ve told him.

I do know I’ve emailed him about the rough sleeper I had on my doorstep.

I’ve been chatting with the neighbours: at least two of whom have no front door keys, and are finding it hard to get knew ones from Clarion.

Have a look at this video.


Both neighbours without a key?

Are using credit cards to do the same thing.

Despite the the security bar that’s supposed to stop it.

I think there’s a possible story in it.

Whether Piers will … ?   I don’t know.

~≈🗞≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.



Let’s see how they, and you, does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        A capsule from Japan’s Hayabusa craft returned to Earth on 13th June, 2010.   It held samples from a what: moon, asteroid or comet?

Q2)        13th June is the Feast Day of Anthony of Padua.   He’s the patron saint of whom: Native Americans, New Yorkers or Maori?

Q3)        The Office of Strategic Services was formed: on 13th June, 1942.   It was the forerunner to what: the FBI, BATF or the CIA … ?

Q4)        Who was elected as Russian president: on 13th June, 1991?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Ludwig 2nd died on 13th June, 1886. He was king of where: Hanover, Bavaria or Prussia?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        12th June , 1550, saw the founding of the capital of Finland: by Gustav 1st of Sweden.   What IS that capital?
A1)        Helsinki.

Q2)        Karl Drais rode a dandy horse on 12th June, 1817.   The horse was a forerunner to what: the motor car, bicycle or pogo stick?
A2)        Bicycle.

Q3)        Dr Cyclops, the first film of its type to be filmed in three strip Technicolor, started filming on 12th June, 1939.   What kind of film was it: a horror, western or rom-com?
A3)        A horror.

Q4)        The Queen opened a theatre on 12th June, 1997.   Which theatre: the Globe, the Dysk or the Barbican?
A4)        The Globe: or Shakespeare’s Globe, to give it the correct name.

Q5)        Finally … ?   12th July, 1981, saw the release of Raiders of the Lost Ark.   Which production company made Raiders of the Lost Ark: Paramount, Lucasfilms or Amblin?
A5)        Lucasfilms.   (Paramount distributed the film: Amblin was co-founded by Steven Spielberg, the director of Raiders of the Lost.)
Here’s a thought … 
“… I’d look over and there would be two dwarves and an amputee dancing around some girls splayed out on a giant dildo.   This went on quite a few times.”
Malcolm McDowell, born 13 June 1943, discussing the filming of Caligula.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Oh, right!   Gotcha, Olga.   I’ll have to write ‘phrasal verbs,’ down, I really will.   I learn a lot, writing this blog!
At ANY rate … ?   Big Anna said “Thank you!”   (She had the fish and chips, last night.   Well, I say fish: the thing was whale sized!)

†        Hello, Mum!

‡        Good luck with that, Debbi!   I’ll keep my fingers crossed.   And legs.   And eyes.   And toes.   And everything else!
And if you can, Debbi?   I’d appreciate it!   (I really want to know if it worked … !)
As a final thought … ?

5 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) An asteroid

Q2) Native Americans

Q3) The CIA

Q4) Boris Yeltsin

Q5) Bavaria
A lot of native English speakers are more than a bit flummoxed by the terminology used in grammar, as I suspect that is not how you are taught English (at least from my experience, although I imagine education has changed over the years as well). I'm sure I've told you before that when I was studying for the teaching certificate, the English and American students were the ones who struggled the most with the grammatical concepts.
I hope the reporter follows on from the story. And the issue of the door... I agree with you there! There's definitely a story!
I'm pleased your sister enjoyed herself. My parents used to be quite impressed by some of the fish and chips portions they were served in the UK (well, and Scotland and Ireland). My Dad, especially, was quite partial to fish and chips. (He also loved sardines, and once when we were in Galicia, in the little hamlet where he was born [that although that party of the country is well-known for its seafood and fish, unfortunately, is nowhere near the sea, but close to the mountains] he drove miles and miles to get some sardines for the barbecue, and said he would have gone as far as it took).

Freda said...

1 Asteroid
2 Native Americans
3 CIA
4 Boris Yeltsin
5 Bavaria

Debbi said...

I promise to let you know. I am also quite interested to know if they do. :)

1. asteroid
2. Native Americans
3. the CIA
4. Boris Yeltsin
5. Bavaria

And cheers for the support! I think it went MUCH better than the first time I tried to pitch a project. And I learned a lot from the nice guy I pitched to and watching others doing it. Great stuff.

This is what I love about the Internet. It will go into my memoirs. :)

Debbi said...

OMG! I just watched your second video. I'm dying laughing here! :)

Edith Reuwer said...

1. Moon
2. Native Americans
3. CIA
4. Putin
5. Bavaria

Paul that no key thing is absolutely a story. Do you have consumer reporters in the UK? Reporters, that focus on consumer issues? That would be who I would contact. If not, go with a regular reporter. It is a safety issue.