Saturday 5 June 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 5th June, 2021

5th June, 2021.


Yep: I need parsnips … !

I don’t know about you, but I’m on a budget.

Which means … ?

I tend to make a lot of one pot stews.

It takes a while.

But it’s usually — comparatively — cheap.

And will last a few days.

Whether it’s healthy?   I don’t know.

But it can’t be worse a microwave meal.

At ANY rate … ?

I need parsnips.

And celery.

And … you know … 

Stuff!

You know, I might just get some minced pork: just for a change … 

~≈🥘≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Trevor*, Olga†, Mum‡, Debbi^ and Edithª, putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, Trevor and Mum on four and Edith on one.

Let’s see how they, and you, does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        5th June saw the UK hold a referendum: on membership of the EEC, the European Economic Community. 5th June of which years of the 1970s?

Q2)        5th June, 2017, saw Montenegro join what: NATO, the EU or the UN?

Q3)        The city of Houston was incorporated: on 5th June, 1837.   It’s in which US state?

Q4)        John Profumo resigned from his government position: on 5th June, 1963.   As Secretary of State for what: Industry, War or Health?

Q5)        Finally?   5th June saw the birth of Spanish writer, Federico García Lorca.   In which Spanish province: Cádiz, Málaga or Granada?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        George 3rd of Great Britain was born: on 4th June of which year of the 1730s?
A1)        1738.

Q2)        His coronation as King of Great Britain took place in which year of the 1760s?
A2)        1761.

Q3)        He and his Queen, Charlotte, had how many children: five, ten or fifteen?
A3)        Fifteen.

Q4)        What was he nicknamed: Farmer George, Fireman Sam or Postman Pat?
A4)        Farmer George.

Q5)        Finally … ?   George 3rd was a member of what: the House of Windsor, House of Hanover or House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha?
A5)        The House of Hanover.
Here’s a quote … 
“Las viejas vemos a través de las paredes.”
“We old women see through walls.”

Act 2 of La casa de Bernarda Alba, Federico García Lorca, 5 June 1898 – 19 August 1936.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Sorry about the score, Trevor: but, from the limited sources I could find?   His accession was 1760, but his coronation was 1761.   The Britannica article mentions the former, but not the latter.   The Wikipedia entry is the other way around.   It give his coronation date, but doesn’t give a date for his accession!
Oy!
Inches is the only appropriate way to measure spuds.   Especially with a left hand ruler.

†        Yeah … the person concerned HAS a bit of a history, Olga!   I don’t think it’s help by the fact their father went down with COVID, after getting the first jab.   But I don’t think there’d be any reasoning with them under the circumstances.
Congratulation on the jab!   You realise this mean you, me, Mum, Trevor, Debbi, my sister, Anna, and most of Brentwood are going to grow extra legs … ?

‡        Hello, Mum!

^        I think, Debbi, Queen Charlotte — George 3rd’s wife? — had tough hips.   Fifteen kids!   Oy!   At ANY rate … ?   I was meaning to ask about the ‘Watch.’   Let me know if they work!  (If they DO … ?   You’ll find the contents interesting …)

ª        Cheers, Edith: I thought it might appeal.   :D   (I still remember seeing her in Interview with a Vampire.)

5 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1975

Q2) NATO

Q3) Texas

Q4) War

Q5) Granada
I wouldn't mind having a few extra legs, although hands might also be handy! Enjoy your shopping! (I am sure I'd be terrible at it, but what about an allotment? Here vegetable patches are spreading all over in bits of disused land (I visited Can Batlló, which used to be a factory in the last century and finally the neighbours managed to convince the local government to allow them to use the facilities and to create a park and other resources, yesterday, and they have quite a good vegetable patch with all kinds of things growing...). I don't think I told you that Anna's grandparents have a farm, and she gave me some artichokes (or perhaps I did. They are supposed to be very good in that area).

trev-v said...

A1 1975
A2 NATO
A3 Texas
A4 War ( now we have a secretary of state for defence)
A5 Granada ( used to be the northern ITV channel which we got in Scunthorpe in the 1960’s)


I hold my hand up. I miss-read question 2. Reminds me of a time that I only got 97 / 100 in a maths exam at grammar school. I miss-read a question and so missed out on the final 3 points.

Freda said...

1 1975
2 EU
3 Texas
4 War
5 Cadiz

Debbi said...

Can't wait to see!

1. 1973-1975
2. NATO
3. Texas
4. War
5. Granada

Edith Reuwer said...

1.1975
2. NATO
3. Texas
4. Health
5. Granada

That was a very interesting clip.