Friday 4 June 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 4-6-2021: George 3rd

4th June, 2021.

It’s officially official: I did a little shopping, yesterday.

Bread, milk … and some monster potatoes.


You know what I forgot … ?

Peas!   Frozen peas!

I’d kick myself … except I’d possibly miss … !

~≈†≈~

Oh, JUST as a couple of bits of technology news?

One: Norton’s new antivirus software is now capable of crypto-currency mining.

It can — in theory — make you some money.

Whether that’s something you want your machine to do is a whole other issue.

Secondly?   Donald Trump’s much hyped From the Desk of Donald J. Trump blog, has been taken down.

Apparently?   The audience figures were dire.

Thankfully … 

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor†, Mum‡, Debbi^ and Edithª, putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor, Mum and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Edith on two.

Let’s see how they, and you, does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        George 3rd of Great Britain was born: on 4th June of which year of the 1730s?

Q2)        His coronation as King of Great Britain took place in which year of the 1760s?

Q3)        He and his Queen, Charlotte, had how many children: five, ten or fifteen?

Q4)        What was he nicknamed: Farmer George, Fireman Sam or Postman Pat?

Q5)        Finally … ?   George 3rd was a member of what: the House of Windsor, House of Hanover or House of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        3rd June is World Bicycle Day. Who many wheels do bicycles have?
A1)        Two.

Q2)        Which ‘C,’ rides a bicycle?
A2)        A cyclist.

Q3)        Bicycle riders power the bicycles by using their feet: to push which ‘P?’
A3)        Pedals.

Q4)        The ordinary bicycle is also known as the Penny … what?
A4)        The Penny farthing.   (It’s known as a penny farthing because the wheels reminded people of the then current versions of the coins.   The old penny was about the size of the modern 2p piece.   I believe the farthing was about the size of a modern UK penny.)

Q5)        Finally … ?   The modern bicycle is a what bicycle: safety, seated or sorted?
A5)        A safety bicycle.
Here’s a thought … 
“Born and educated in this country, I glory in the name of Britain.”
George 3rd.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        It’s a cut down version of Windows, Olga: you can only install stuff from the Windows equivalent to the App Store, and can only use Bing and the Edge Browser.   But it’s supposed to be better on low power machines.   You can imagine how I feel about it, though!
Good luck with the vaccine: hopefully, you won’t grow any extra legs.   What am I not surprised about the text message, though … ?
(I had to cancel a visit from a friend, the other day: turn’s out she’s an anti-vaxxer, and planning to not have one.   I had to cancel.   I know I’ve had my shots, but I’d rather wait until after she’s had her jabs.   I think I’ll be waiting a while.)

†        Oh, England Swings, Trevor?   I remember Tony Blackburn playing it a lot, when I was younger.   I don’t know if he’d been outside London!
We don’t get that many bikes, around here: they’d find nowhere to park … 
Did I mention HAL 9000?


‡        Hello, Mum!

^        It’s funny you should mention The Prisoner, Debbi.   Did you have a good look at the cover photo, yesterday … ?


ª        I’m glad you like them, Edith.   The Vapors’ biggest hit was Turning Japanese.   Kirsten Dunst covered it: and filmed the video in the Akihabara shopping district in Tokyo.   It’s like a geeky version of Fifth Avenue: if you want comics, stuffed Pikachus or computer chips, that’s the place to go!


5 comments:

trev-v said...

A1 1738
A2 1760
A3 Fifteen (I am the eldest of a family of 7 children)
A4 Farmer George
A5 House of Hanover

That number of bicycles was in the 1950 and 60’s. Nowadays mainly cars and only 1 steel-works.
Good to see that you measured the Potato in inches.

Olga said...

Q1) 1738

Q2) 1761

Q3) Fifteen

Q4) Farmer George

Q5) Hanover
Yes, best not to take any risks. I haven't met anybody here who doesn't intend to have the vaccine, rather the opposite is true, although there are deniers and conspiracy theorists as well, but nobody in my immediate circle (at least not that I know of). Some pretty well-known actors and singers (Miguel Bosé, whose mother, Lucia Bosé, a famous Italian actress, died of the illness. We all think that years of drug abuse and alcohol have fried his brain. A shame).
Second vaccine done. Fingers crossed I don't get too bad a reaction, as I've agreed to cover an event for the radio this evening (it's the anniversary of an old factory that was taken over by the local people to turn it into community facilities, but I'm not sure exactly what they are going to do from the description...)

Freda said...

1 1738
2 1764
3 15
4 Farmer George5
5 Hanover

Debbi said...

I did notice. :)

1. 1738
2. 1761
3. fifteen (good grief!)
4. Farmer George
5. House of Hanover

BTW, it has arrived. You know, the "Chinese watch." :) (I can't resist a Monty Python reference. :) )

Edith Reuwer said...

1. 1735
2. 1763
3. 10
4. Farmer George
5. Windsor

The Kristan Dunst video was interesting. *HUG*