Tuesday 29 June 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 29-6-2021: The Seychelles.

29th June, 2021.


Right … I’m now the official owner of a rat trap.

With bait, I should add: little octagonal, poisoned, blocks of rat poison.

Which is nice.

But … ?

The few videos I’ve seen, that show you how to handle rat poison … ?

Have the person placing it, wearing gloves to protect themselves.

To make sure the poison doesn’t get on their hands, then get transferred to their mouths.

Could I find any in Sainsbury’s, yesterday?

Could I … ?

Could I, heck … !

I think I’m going to have to have another look … in a different shop … !

~≈🧤≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum†, Debbi‡ and Edith^ putting in their answers: with Olga, Mum and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Edith on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        The Seychelles became independent on 29th June.   Of which year of the 1970s?

Q2)        From where … ?

Q3)        What’s the capital of the Seychelles: Victoria, Edward or Charleston?

Q4)        The country’s currency is the Seychellois what: Pound, Dollar or Rupee?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Seychelles are in which ocean: the Atlantic, Indian or Pacific?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        28th June saw the birth of Elon Musk.   In which year of the 1970s?
A1)        1971.

Q2)        He’s a what: millionaire, billionaire or trillionaire?
A2)        Billionaire.

Q3)        Elon was raised in Pretoria.   Pretoria is in which African nation?
A3)        South Africa.

Q4)        His SpaceX company make the re-usable Falcon 9 rockets.   The Falcon 9s land on platforms in the Atlantic.   The platforms are named after spaceships in whose novels: Val McDiarmid’s, Iain M. Banks or Ian Rankin’s?
A4)        Iain M. Banks.   (The ships were featured in his Culture novels.   And whimsically namedª.   The novels also inspired Elon’s Neuralink company.)

Q5)        Finally … ?   Elon’s in charge of his own electric car company.   Which electric car company?
A5)        Tesla.
Here’s a motto … 
“Finis Coronat Opus.”
“The End Crowns the Work.”

The Seychelles motto.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        You know, I haven’t seen a top-loading washing machine for years, Olga: I don’t think them make them in the UK.
Well … the trap’s in: all I need now is the gloves!

†        Hello, Mum!

‡        I’ll survive, Debbi.   Oh … I’ve picked up the blu-ray version, and will be ripping it soon.   There’s even a very rare interview with the man himself: and another with Catherine McGoohan, his daughter …

^        I don’t think he gets much airplay, Edith: he’s not known for music.   It’s very ambient, I think: a bit like some of Brian Eno’s work.


ª        The two ships are the Just Read the Instructions, and the Of Course I Still Love You.   Calling one of them the Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrathº would have been a bit much … 

º        A Serious Lack of Gravitas would have been better …

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1976

Q2) The United Kingdom

Q3) Victoria

Q4) Rupee

Q5) The Indian Ocean
Good luck with the trap and the gloves. Here, very early in the pandemic, it was almost impossible to find them (even the hospitals were struggling) but now there doesn't seem to be a problem. I'm not sure if you have any pound shops around. Evidently, rubber gloves, the washing-up kind, would do the job, although it might be a more expensive solution (unless you have a pair you're ready to get rid of).
Top-loading washing machines are quite handy for tight places and also for people with mobility difficulties, as bending over to load them can be a bit tricky. Some of the big manufacturers make them, and there are new models, for sure, but I don't think they sell a lot (they are slightly more expensive as well, for a similar model, but I guess it's still cheaper than moving to a bigger place)!

Freda said...

1 1976
2 UK
3 Victoria
4 Pound
5 Indian

Edith Reuwer said...

1. 1976
2. France
3. Victoria
4. dollar
5. Pacific

Hi Paul. Yes, I realize Elon Musk is known for things other than music. And I am typing that with the kindest vocal inflection. I like many types of music, including ambient.

I am staying hydrated. I hope you can find the gloves you need soon.

Debbi said...

Wow. I'll bet that's an interesting interview. :)

1. 1976
2. the UK
3. Victoria
4. Rupee
5. Indian