Wednesday 30 June 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 30th June, 2021.

30th June, 2021.


Right: the rat trap is in … as are the gloves.

I’ll be setting that up, later today.

Whilst wearing gloves.   And washing my hands, afterwards.

Obviously.

Once I’ve been to today’s medical appointment: for my annual diabetic eye check.

Hopefully?   The results from that won’t be too bad: although I’m a little concerned.

I’d hate to lose my sight.

~≈👁‍🗨≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum†, Edith‡ and Debbi^, putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, Mum on four and Edith on two.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1)        30th June, 1959, saw the birth of actor, Vincent D’Onofrio.   In which 2012 film does he play Bob?

Q2)        The Canadian one dollar coin entered circulation: on 30th June, 1987.   It’s known as a what: Loonie, Splatter or Biscuit?

Q3)        30th June, 1917, saw the birth of singer, Lena Horne.   In 1933, she started her career in the chorus line of which club: Fat Sam’s, the Cotton Club or Minke’s New Age Whale … ?

Q4)        30th June is Independence Day in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.   What’s the country’s official language: French, English or Arabic?

Q5)        Finally … ?   30th June, 1908, saw an explosion occur: over the Podkamennaya Tunguska River. The explosion is said to have been caused by a what: atomic bomb, meteoroid or plane?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1)        The Seychelles became independent on 29th June.   Of which year of the 1970s?
A1)        1976.

Q2)        From where … ?
A2)        The UK.

Q3)        What’s the capital of the Seychelles: Victoria, Edward or Charleston?
A3)        Victoria.

Q4)        The country’s currency is the Seychellois what: Pound, Dollar or Rupee?
A4)        Rupee.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Seychelles are in which ocean: the Atlantic, Indian or Pacific?
A5)        The Indian Ocean.
Here’s a thought …
“I am not alone.   I am free.   I no longer have to be a credit, I don’t have to be a symbol to anybody, I don’t have to be a first to anybody.   I don’t have to be an imitation of a white woman that Hollywood sort of hoped I’d become.   I’m me, and I’m like nobody else.”
Lena Horne, June 30, 1917 – May 9, 2010.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Well, I managed to find some, Olga: in my local Poundland.   Thanks for reminding me!   I did have a look at the Wilko’s website: but they didn’t have a thing!
There’s pros and cons to top loaders, I think: I know I’d have trouble getting one in to the space under the counter … … … 

†        Hello, Mum!

‡        :D   We’re going to have to start a music shop, in that case, Edith: or possibly a radio station.   Actually, Elon’s in the news, again.   His satellite internet company’s going to open to the public in August: if I’ve read the news right.
Oh, that’s a thought, Edith, does this video show up … ?   (It’s fantastic!)

5 comments:

trev-v said...

Yes i do have some Canadian coins about the house. The one mentioned in question 2 and the bi metal 2 dollar coins. I have a 5 dollar note which is no longer legal currency because it is a paper one. All Canadian notes were plastic before the UK started to use plastic notes. The UK started to introduce plastic notes when we had a Canadian in charge of the Bank of England.

Freda said...

1 Law & Order
2 Loonie
3 Cotton Club
4 French
5 Meteoroid

Olga said...

Q1) Chained

Q2) Loonie

Q3) The Cotton Club

Q4) French

Q5) A meteoroid
Good luck with the eye test! And good job about the trap. I hope it works (or the rats disappear in some other way).

Debbi said...

I love the Loonies. And the Toonies! :)

1. Chained
2. Loonie
3. the Cotton Club
4. French
5. meteoroid

Edith Reuwer said...

1. 28 days
2. Loonie
3. Cotton Club
4. French
5. Metiorod

A music store? What a fun dream.

The video was wonderful. I thought it was inclusive. It even had a ballerina.