Sunday 20 June 2021

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 20-6-2021: West Virginia.

20th June, 2021.


Yep: it’s official.

I’m slightly knackered.

After managing to finish reviewing a film I saw on Friday.

I have to say, In Fabric’s a very good film to watch.


But, lord!   Finishing a video review, that late … ?

Well … ?

I’m not getting any younger, let’s put it like that.

~≈Â≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum†, Debbi‡ and Edith^ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, Edith on four, and Mum on three.



Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        West Virginia joined the USA: in which year of the 1860s?

Q2)        West Virginia was originally part of which other US state: Rhode Island, Virginia or New Jersey?

Q3)        It was which state to join: the 34th, 35th or 36th … ?

Q4)        West Virginia was one of two US states formed during the US Civil War.   What was the other: California, Nevada or Oregon?

Q5)        West Virginia was originally going to be called the state of what: Kanawha, Kaneda or Kawasaki?

Q6)        West Virginia’s known as the what: Mountain State, Mouse State or Mirror State?

Q7)        True or False: Spruce Knob is the state’s highest point.

Q8)        West Virginia Power and the West Virginia Black Bears play what: Baseball, Basketball or Soccer?

Q9)        The West Virginian capital shares its name with a dance.   Which dance: the Charleston, the Fan Dance or the Galliard?

Q10)        Finally … ?   Which John Denver song mentions West Virginia: Take Me Home, Country Roads, Grandma’s Feather Bed or Rocky Mountain High?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        19th June, 1943, saw the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Philadelphia Eagles temporarily merged for a season: as a result of player shortages during WW2.   The two teams played what: American Football, Baseball or Basketball?
A1)        American Football.

Q2)        Aung San Suu Kyi was born on 19th June, 1945.   She’s a major political figure in which Asian nation: Myanmar, Thailand or Cambodia … ?
A2)        Myanmar: formerly known as Burma.

Q3)        19th June is World Sickle Cell Day.   It’s caused by faulty what: red blood cells, white blood cells or blood plasma?
A3)        Red blood cells.

Q4)        19th June, 1991, saw the last Soviet troops leave where: Afghanistan, Hungary or Romania?
A4)        Hungary.

Q5)        Finally … ?   19th June, 2018, saw the ten millionth US what, issued: patent, army uniform or driving license?
A5)        Patent.   It was for a Coherent Ladar Using Intra-Pixel Quadrature Detection.   Which is nice …
Here’s a thought … 
“Ask anyone who’s been there about West Virginia.”
Lynn Seldon.
And on of four of West Virginia’s state songs …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Feel free to share today’s video Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        In Fabric is definitely worth watching, Olga: Fatma Mohamed as Miss Luckmoore … ?   Is unnervingly good!
Either way … ?   Watching some of Dario Argento’s work … ?   Is something I keep meaning to do.

†        Hello, Mum!

‡        I think I vaguely remember it, Debbi: isn’t there a couple of versions … ?

^        It’s my pleasure, Edith: and you’ve always a place, here … !

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1863

Q2) Virginia

Q3) 35th

Q4) Nevada

Q5) Kanawha (I must say I quite like Kanawha).

Q6) Mountain State

Q7) True

Q8) Baseball

Q9) The Charleston

Q10) Take Me Home, Country Roads ( I love this song. I think I’ve confessed to my love for country before. Their songs usually tell a story, and I love a good story).
I'll check your recommendation. I know I mentioned I'm going away with my mother next month, but I couldn't remember if I had told you the dates. We're leaving early on the 13th of July, and we're coming back on the 3rd of August, but quite late. I might be able to connect with my phone and say hello, but although I intend to take my computer, I won't have a reliable connection there, so I won't be able to catch up with the quiz (even the phone connection can be temperamental at times). As the TV reception isn't that great (and we only have a pretty small and old TV there, in any case) I will try and download a few movies from Amazon Prime and take them with us, or a series. But finding things both, my Mum and I might like can be tricky. I am planning on going for many walks and reading, so that should do... I will remind you before I leave, so you don't worry if I go missing.
And don't forget to get a bit of rest yourself.

Freda said...

1 1863
2 Virginia
3 35th
4 California
5 Kaneda
6 Mountain State
7 True
8 Baseball
9 Charleston
10 Country Roads

Debbi said...

I don't know. What were we talking about? :)

1. 1863
2. Virginia
3. 35th
4. Nevada
5. Kanawha
6. Mountain State
7. True
8. Baseball
9. the Charleston
10. Take Me Home, Country Roads

Rick is vacuuming. I'm outta here.

Edith Reuwer said...

1. 1863
2. Virginia
3. 35th
4. Oregon
5. Kenda
6. Mountain State
7 False
8. Soccer
9, charleston
10. Take Me Home, Country Roads

https://youtu.be/_Wd3dlEvodk