Saturday 19 February 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 19-2-2022: The Number, 50.

19th February, 2022.


Right … I can safely say I’ve survived Storm Eunice.

Granted?   I spent most of the day, indoors, with my nephew, Jude.

And yes: he’s now posted another video.


If you’d like to hit the Like, Share or Subscribe, you’d be very welcome.

At any rate … ?

We’ve survived Eunice.   We have power.

Others haven’t.   Or don’t.

I’m thankful I’m alive and breathing: and thankful the few trees near me are upright.

The strangest part?

You’ll possibly realise I live near a train line: one going from Shenfield to Liverpool Street.

Trains were cancelled: still are, as I write.

The strangest thing?

Was the fact Jude and I didn’t notice the silence of the trains … because of the howling of the wind … 

~≈🚉≈~

Over the past few days?

There’s been concern about the situation in Eastern Europe.

We’re told that Russia is going to invade Ukraine.

Indeed, no less a person than President Biden has said so.

Personally?

I’m sceptical.

Partly because it’s politicians talking the situation up.

But mostly?

Because I remember Sir Anthony Charles Lynton Blair — Tony Blair to you and me — saying Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction.

That turned out to be … I’m tempted to say ‘lies,’ ‘misleading’ or ‘unreliable information.’

Let’s just I put the idea Russian’s going to invade the Ukraine on a par with Hussein’s ownership of WMD.

Being blunt?

It’s utter bollocks.

~≈🤥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.



Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        19th February is the 50th day of the year.   Is 50 a prime number?

Q2)        50 is the atomic number of what: indium, tin or antimony?

Q3)        In a one day international, each side can bat for up to 50 overs.   In which sport: cricket, baseball or rounders?

Q4)        A 50th wedding anniversary is what: silver, gold or platinum?

Q5)        Finally … ?   What’s the fiftieth state of the US … ?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Actress, Molly Ringwald, was born on 18th February, 1968.   In which 1986 film did she play Andie Walsh?
A1)        Pretty in Pink.

Q2)        Rapper, Dr Dre, was born on 18th February, 1965.   He rose to international fame as part of which band: Grand Master Flash and the Furious Five, NWA or the Sugar Hill Gang?
A2)        NWA.

Q3)        Gary Neville was born on 18th February, 1975.   What sport did he play: Football, Cricket, Rugby League or Snooker?
A3)        Football.

Q4)        John Travolta was born on 18th February, 1954.   He practises which religion: Buddhism, Scientology, Pastafarianism or Roman Catholicism?
A4)        Scientology.

Q5)        Finally … ?   18th February is the Feast Day of Saint Colman of Lindisfarne.   Lindisfarne’s also known as what: Craggy Island, Mystic Island or Holy Island?
A5)        Holy Island.
Here’s a thought … 
“The Lord said, ‘If I find fifty righteous people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake.’”
Genesis 18:26.
And some music …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

The quizmaster’s decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.






*        There’s definite similarities to London, then, Olga.   The place started as the main Roman city in England: and port, if I recall.   There’s bits of the old Roman Wall still standing, too.   There’s also historians who’ll point out that the Great Fire of London, the one in 1666, wasn’t the first.   The first one was started by Boudica, when she led the Revolt.
        I envy you the weather, Olga: I got seriously pushed about by the wind when I bough lunch!

        Hello, Mum!   (Can you ask Jude if he wants a bag of Hula Hoops?)

        You’re not wrong, there, Debbi!   (Oh, am old friend’s lent me some old Nigel Kneale series: I’ll have to let you know how they go!)

4 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) No

Q2) Tin

Q3) Cricket

Q4) Gold

Q5) Hawai
Yes, there are similarities. The Romans did follow a grand plan everywhere.
Good to know you weathered the storm (sort of), but I've heard there were quite a few not so lucky. Fingers crossed the weather settles.
I share your view on Ukraine. I think Ukrainians are quite fed up with everybody meddling and ramping up the pressure. They are caught in the middle of the whole campaign. One wonders what on Earth are the Americans thinking about. (They don't seem to have an ounce of common sense between the whole lot). (I think both Putin and Biden need their mothers to come and give them a slap and tell them to behave and play nice).
Here, the main right-wing party (PP, Partido Popular) is going through a crisis. The president of the Community of Madrid (accused of corruption because her brother got a big contract with the community and, of course, seems to have got handsomely paid for hit) is accusing the president of the party of spying on her and all hell has broken loose. They are hurling accusations at each other. One of the Catalan politicians (Gabriel Rufián, he has quite a talent for making amusing comments) said that it feels like a Sicilian family mafia war. To tell you the truth, if reminds me of a bad soap opera, but...

trev-v said...

I escaped any damage yesterday. A few fence panels blown down near me. How ever there was a major tree strike in Brentwood.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-60440429

A 200 year old Oak bit the dust.

Freda said...

1 No
2 Tin
3 Cricket
4 Gold
5 Wyoming
5

Debbi said...

Interesting. Thanks, Paul! :)

1. no
2. tin
3. cricket
4. gold
5. Hawaii