Tuesday 15 February 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 15-2-2022: The Calendar.

15th February, 2022.


Right … 

I’ve got a meeting, tomorrow: with my case worker from the work programme I’m on.

Which means … ?

Frankly, I have to ask them for a train ticket.

It seems that, if you have no cash, they’ll pay for it, in advance: and let you pick it up from the relevant station.

Assuming you have acceptable ID: which I do.

I sent the email, first thing.

Hopefully?

That will be a relatively painless process.

But I’d’ve been comfortable, knowing that the process worked.

Or that the people running the scheme were more flexible on dates.

We’ll have to see.

~≈§≈~

Just as a thought … ?   My nephew was over, yesterday: and managed to get another video, done.

Cleverly?

He managed to note which games was which: and when the goals were.

Which is handy, if you’re the one adding sound effects!


~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Debbi scoring five out of five, and Olga and Mum on four.



Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        The last European country to adopt the Gregorian Calendar, did so on 15th February of which year: 1922, 1923 or 1924?

Q2)        Which country was it: Albania, Greece or Croatia?

Q3)        Saudi Arabia adopted it when: 2012, 2016 or 2020?

Q4)        The calendar was devised by Gregory 13th.   Gregory was a what: King, Pope or Dalai Lama?

Q5)        Finally … ?   In the Gregorian Calendar, leap years are divisible by four.   Or what: two hundred, three hundred or four hundred?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Seven members of the North Side Gang were killed in the Saint Valentine Day Massacre.   Saint Valentine’s Day … of which year: 1928, 1929 or 1930?
A1)        1929.

Q2)        In which US city: New York, Chicago or Las Vegas?
A2)        Chicago.

Q3)        The North Side Gang were led by whom: Danny Hogan, George Moran or Mossy Enright?
A3)        George ‘Bugs’ Moran.

Q4)        They were shot by members of the South Side Gang.   The South Side Gang were lead by Johnny Torrio.   And who else: Al Capone, Lucky Luciano or Paul Gambino?
A4)        Al Capone.   (The gang were also known as the Chicago Outfit.)

Q5)        Finally … ?   At least two of the killers were using which well-known weapon: a Colt 45, an AK47 or a Thompson submachine gun?
A5)        A Thompson submachine gun, also called a Tommy gun.
Here’s a thought … 
“The Gregorian calendar is the calendar used in most of the world.”
From the Wikipedia article on the Gregorian calendar.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

The quizmaster’s decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        Cheers for that Olga: that’s helpful to know.   And it sort of matches what the chap being interviewed was saying: that he felt it AstraZeneca we more motivated by money, rather than any safety concerns.   Oh, I’ve managed to put in for a free account with Medscape: as press.
        Ahem!
        And it’s funny you should mention Some Like it Hot: it was on TV, a week or two ago!   I’m just surprised I’ve never done a question set about the Massacre!

        Hello, Mum!

‡        I’m just to sit here and look smug, Debbi.   🤣   Oh, did mention I caught Nightmare of Eden, yesterday?   Why Jocko Homo came to mind, I don’t know!


3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1923

Q2) Greece

Q3) 2016

Q4) Pope

Q5) Four hundred
I thought you might have done a set on it before, but I guess there have been others with gangster themes...
I don't have time to read everything they send me from Medscape, but it is handy to know what novelties come up and any warnings or interesting information. I try to keep in touch, but there is too much stuff going on, and now that I don't work on this, it is even more difficult (especially because different countries apply very different standards).
I agree. You are press. I made a comment once at the radio station about not being famous and they told me that of course, I was famous. I made a radio appearance once or twice a week, so... (I guess we are both as famous as many of the celebrities that appear on the telly half of the time).
Well done your nephew!

Freda said...

1 1927
2 Turkey
3 2016
4 Pope
5 4 hundred

Debbi said...

Can't imagine. :)

1. 1923
2. Greece
3. 2016
4. Pope
5. four hundred