Friday 4 February 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 4th February, 2022

4th February, 2022.


How on Earth does that happen … ?   How … ?

Waking up in the morning, half convinced that’s it’s the day after the day it actually is?

I was thinking it’s a Saturday.

Very aware that’s it’s actually a Friday: a day I’ve got another meeting, at another weight management program.

Right at the bottom end of London Road!

It’s a hell of a walk, I know that!

~≈Ç≈~

Oh, while I’m here … ?

Did I mention my nephew, Jude, is a YouTuber?

His channel’s here, if you’d like to subscribe.

The reason I mention it … ?

Is he’s done another video.   Feel free to hit Like, or Share!


~≈Ç≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

The day also says Trevor^ leaving us a message.



Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1)        John Rogers was burnt at the stake: on 4th February, 1555.   During whose reign: Henry 8th’s, Mary 1st’s or Elizabeth 1st’s?

Q2)        Sri Lanka became independent on 4th February, 1948.   What was the country’s name until 1972: Ceylon, Malta or Malaysia?

Q3)        4th February is the feast day of Saint Goldrofe of Arganil.   Where is Arganil: Spain, Portugal or France?

Q4)        Daniel arap Moi died on 4th February, 2020.   He’d been the second President of where: South Africa, Kenya or Zimbabwe?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Battle of Manila started on 4th February, 1899.   Between the Philippines and where: the UK, USA or Spain?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Giuseppe Moretti was born on 3rd February, 1857.   His famous state of Vulcan is in a city called Birmingham.   This particular Birmingham is where: Alabama, Connecticut or Iowa?
A1)        Birmingham, Alabama.

Q2)        Actor, John Cassavetes, died on 3rd February, 1989.   He co-starred with Mia Farrow in which 1968 film?
A2)        Rosemary’s Baby.

Q3)        Journalist, Walter Bagehot was born on 3rd February, 1826.   His book, The English Constitution, is about the Constitution of where: England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the UK or the US?
A3)        The UK.

Q4)        3rd February, 1917, saw the USA enter what: the First World War, the Second World War or the Crimean War?
A4)        The First World War.   (Anyone wanting to mention punctuality …)

Q5)        Finally … ?   Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg, formed the Benelux Union.   On 3rd February of which year: 1958, 1959 or 1960?
A5)        1958.
Here’s a thought … 
“I’m what you'd call ethnically Catholic.  Don’t believe in God, still hate Rangers … ”
Dara Ó Briain, born 4 February 1972.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

The quizmaster’s decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

        It WAS a touch frantic, Olga!   The Zoom meeting’s helpful: but, LORD, it can be a drone-fest!   It went well enough, though.   But having an old friend over was good: two hours nattering about Quatermass can be interestingly technical.   Oh … and Jude’s done another video … 
        I’ll keep my fingers for the Editor!

        My pleasure, Debbi!   I hope they’re enjoyable!   (Oh, I got chatting to an old friend, yesterday: who needed copies of Quatermass and the Pit, the original TV version.   It’s quite something to watch.)

^        Cheers, Trevor: I think we’ll have to see what I get for Christmas!

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Mary the 1st

Q2) Ceylon

Q3) Portugal

Q4) Kenya

Q5) The USA
Good luck with today's meeting! I love walking, so I won't comment on the walk side of it.
This week has also felt quite weird for me. I think the combination of Anna changing her class (we're doing it today and at a later time, rather than Wednesday early), and the issues with the radio station have made me a bit uncertain about timing as well.
When I went to collect the equipment, the director told me that he was certain the editor would be back on Monday. Thankfully, they just had a new journalism student doing a stint there, so he's getting plenty of experience pretty quickly, but I'll keep my fingers crossed for Carla. She must be getting bored to death by now (although I know she is doing some interviews and features from home, on the phone, but it isn't the same).
And yes, I saw Jude's video. Well done!

Freda said...

1 Mary 1
2 Ceylon
3 Portugal
4 Kenya
5 USA

Debbi said...

Cheers, Paul! :)

1. Henry 8th
2. Ceylon
3. Portugal
4. Kenya
5. the USA