Sunday 24 July 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 24th July, 2022

24th July, 2022.


Right … I’ve officially gone shopping!

Which means I’ve got frozen food for a month.

And the frozen meat I’d need for a few stews.

So that’s something.

But … ?

It wasn’t until I got home I realised one teeny tiny thing.

I’d forgotten washing up liquid.

There’s always something, isn’t there … ?

~≈🍽≈~

I have to admit, I spent a lot of last night writing my review of the most recent episode of Star Trek Picard.


I’m mildly pleased: I didn’t eat a bar of chocolate during it.   It’s something of a habit I need to break.

And?

I’m also pleased to see Brent Spiner as best another member of the Soong family.   His fourth,  if memory serves.

It’s good to see him.

But I’m very reminded of the Balowski family!


~≈🍽≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Mum† putting in their answers: with Olga five out of five, and Mum on three.

The day also say Debbi‡ leaving us a message.



Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        24th July, 1969, saw the birth of singer, songwriter and actress, Jennifer Lopez.   2022 saw her getting married to who: Christian Bale, Robert Pattinson or Ben Affleck?

Q2)        The Menin Gate was unveiled in Ypres: on 24th July, 1927.   It’s a memorial to British and Commonwealth troops who fell during which World War?

Q3)        24th July, 1944, saw the start of Operation Gomorrah.   The start, in other words, or the bombing of where: London, Hamburg or Coventry?

Q4)        24th July is the feast day of Saint Declán of Ardmore.   Ardmore, where: County Waterford, County Westmeath or New Zealand?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Pioneer Day is celebrated on 24th July.   In which US state?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        23rd July is Revolution Day in Egypt.   It marks the anniversary of the Egyptian Revolution of which year: 1951, 1952 or 1953?
A1)        1952.

Q2)        The bulk of the country is in which continent: Africa, North America or Antarctica?
A2)        Africa.

Q3)        The country’s capital, Cairo, is very near which river: the Amazon, Nile or Thames?
A3)        The Nile.

Q4)        The country’s currency is the Egyptian what: dinah, pound or ruble?
A4)        The Egyptian pound.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Akhenatan, Rameses and Tutenkhamen, were all Egyptians whats?
A5)        Pharaohs.
Here’s a thought … 
“Mexican food is my weakness.   Thank God I live in Washington where it’s horrible.”
Lynda Carter, July 24, 1951.
A song …


And a post credits scene …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        Yes: keeping an eye peeled, sounds sensible, Olga.   It’s a similar (ish) situation, here.   We’ve a patch of parkland at the end of my street: I’m hoping the hot weather doesn’t spark anything.   The amount of parked cars down here would mean getting fire engines down.
        That much for their mobile?   Hmmm … maybe I should rethink that, next time: I’m on O2, myself.
        You’re: gymkhana’s possibly the word.   Although I don’t think there’s aa pony that could deal with my weight … !   😂

        Hello, Mum!

        Hang on, Debbi: he’s a BOW ee!   (Oscar was right: they really ARE separated … )

5 comments:

Freda said...

1 Ben Affleck
2 WW1
3 Hamburg
4 County Waterford
5 Utah

Nik Nak said...

Oh, before I forget, everyone … ?

Tomorrow’s a ten question set … !

Olga said...

Q1) Ben Affleck

Q2) WWI

Q3) Hamburg (but it seems it was in 1943 not 1944)

Q4) County Waterford

Q5) Utah
Oh, yes, I remember you talking about the problems accessing your street. A fire would be quite tricky.
There is always something one forgets, that's right. It gets even more annoying when you go out with the intention of buying the one thing you need, and come back with a bunch of others, but not, of course, the one you needed.
I have class with Jordi tomorrow, but I hope to manage the set at some point later in the day.

Debbi said...

Oh, Bowie! Have I been botching that one up! :)

Making a hash of it, you might say.

1. Ben Affleck
2. World War I
3. Hamburg
4. County Waterford
5. Utah

trev-v said...

Typically WOKE BBC tonight. Clive Myrie - Question master of the main BBC quiz Mastermind
got an important fact wrong on Tonight’s Royal Prom. . He said The Queen came to the Throne in 1953. Wrong Wrong Wrong. We have just celebrated her 70 years on the thrown. 1953 + 70 = 2023 not 2022. Yes she came to the throne in February 1952. Why do the BBC employ these people who make mistakes.