Saturday 2 July 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 2nd July, 2022.

2nd July, 2022.


OK … have I used too many versions of the word, ‘official,’ there?

At any rate … ?

The washing machine is now fixed: at no charge, as it was still — just! — under warranty.

What went wrong?

Apparently, there’d been a power surge, somewhere along the line.

A power surge that interfered with the control board*: so all he had to do was reprogram it.

Through a panel at the back of the machine!

It took him about half an hour, from start to finish.

I’m thankful: both the it was quick, and didn’t cost me anything.

Quite what I’d’ve done if it had been out of warranty?

And had to pay?

I don’t know.

~≈🧺≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        2nd July is Flag Day in Curaçao.   The island’s in which sea: the Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean Sea or Bay of All Saints?

Q2)        2nd July is the day of the Palio di Provenzano: one of two horse races held in Siena.   Siena is in which country: Italy, France or Germany?

Q3)        2nd July, 1561, saw Emperor Menas defeat a revolt: in the tone of Emfraz.   Menas was emperor of where: Rome, Ethiopia or Japan?

Q4)        2nd July, 1504, saw Bogdan 3rd become Voivode of Moldavia.   A voivode was a what: warlord, chef or prime minister?

Q5)        Finally … ?   2nd July, 1937, saw Fred Noonan disappear of the Pacific.   He was the navigator for the flight.   Who was the pilot: Amy Johnson, Amelia Earhart or Harriet Quimby?
Yesterday’s answers are in today’s video.

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        July starts, today.   How many days are there, in July: 30, 31 or 32?
A1)        31.

Q2)        It’s named after which Roman general: Julius Caesar, Augustus Caesar or Tiberius Caesar?
A2)        Julius Caesar.

Q3)        In the USA, July is National Hot Dog Month.   A hot dog is a grilled or steamed what: steak, sausage or burger?
A3)        Sausage.

Q4)        July was a song released in 2000.   By which British band: Ocean Colour Scene, the Sensational Alex Harvey Band or Dumpy’s Rusty Nuts?
A4)        Ocean Colour Scene.   (I’m told OCS are a geek band to catch, live.   Much to my regret, I never saw the Sensational Alex Harvey Band, live: they were supposed to be superb.   Dumpy and the gang, I have.   They are the best band I’ve ever seen.)

Q5)        Finally … ?   What’s the birthstone for July: diamond, ruby or emerald?
A5)        Ruby.
Here’s a thought … 
“Style is an alarming word to American actors.”
Tyrone Guthrie, 2 July 1900 – 15 May 1971.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

The quizmaster’s decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        At least that’s what the engineer called it.   I’m assuming that’s the washing machine’s equivalent of the motherboard/logic board on a computer.   If I’ve understood it correctly?   The one in the washing machine is what’s called an embedded system.

        Now, now, Olga: March, 32nd, is a well known date!
        Right: it seems Cooperatives Days is the first Saturday in July: so I’m going to have to modify my database.   It’ll be 1st July, next year.   Either way, thanks for the heads up: it’ll be something to plan ahead for.
        Thankfully?   The warranty covered the repair!   What would’ve happened if it hadn’t … ?   I don’t know!

        :D   I honestly couldn’t tell you, Debbi!
        Oh, I caught the next episode of Star Trek Picard, last night: John de Lancie’s putting in one hell of a performance!   And Sarek’s skull is green: the detailing quite something.
        Is it just me, though, or does de Lancie have something wrong with his left eye?   He looks like he’s burst a blood vessel … 



3 comments:

Freda said...

1 Carribean
2 Italy
3 Ethopia
4 Warlord
5 Amelia Erhart

Olga said...

Q1) The Caribbean Sea

Q2) Italy

Q3) Ethiopia

Q4) Warlord

Q5) Amelia Earhart
Oh, great news on the washing machine, although yes, it is worrying. I had a bit of a technical problems this morning with the recording, but it was probably my own fault. Fingers crossed what I tried worked well enough...

Debbi said...

I don't know. Too shadowy for me to tell. But it looks a bit harrowing. :)

1. Caribbean
2. Italy
3. Ethiopia
4. warlord
5. Amelia Earhart