Thursday 12 March 2020

Diabetes: Day 1

Glucose molecule.
20th March, 2020.

Right ...

Those of you who read Nik Nak's Old Peculiar on a regular basis?

Will probably realise I usually put in an introductory video in at the start of a post.

At least, I have done for a couple of years, now.

The result of being gifted a desktop with a webcam.

It's made something of a difference to my YouTube channel, I know that.
Viewers get to see more of me ...

At any rate ... ?

I'm out of work.

Recently been given a laptop ... without a webcam.

So I'm in Brentwood Library ... blogging old style ...

~≈¥≈~

Blogging, old style -- at least, pre-camera -- because I've managed to find something out about myself.

After a late call from my GP: about a recent series of blood tests.

She's confirmed I have Diabetes: and started prescriptions of the relevant medication.

A course of pills called Metformin.

From the little I've read up?

That tells me I have type two diabetes, I'm going to have it for life ...

And that I should be OK, given medication, sensible eating and as much healthy exercise as I can manage.

We're going to have to see what happens, on the exercise front.

But if you can suggest healthy snacks?

I'd appreciate any thoughts!

No comments: