Sunday 1 March 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 1-3-2020: Saint David’s Day

1st March, 2020


Yes: it’s official.

I’ve got an earworm: Eric Idle’s Galaxy Song.


But … ?

Whatever’s going on in my head is weird, frankly.

Because what ever was going on … ?   Wouldn’t let me remember the lyrics.

Damn you, Eric Idle!

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) 1st March is Saint David’s Day.   Saint David is usually pictured with which bird: a crow, magpie or dove?
Q2) He’s patron saint of whom: cheese makers, vegetarians or alcoholics?
Q3) Lorin Morgan-Richards founded a St David’s Day Festival: in which US city?
Q4) In a tradition dating back to 1630, the Welsh are said to have started wearing what, after a battle on Saint David’s Day?
Q5) Finally … ?   Occasionally worn on Saint David’s Day, the daffodil is a symbol of Wales.   And of which English county?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) Today is the twenty-ninth February.   Is twenty-nine a prime number?
A1) Yes.
Q2) What’s twenty-nine in Roman numerals?
A2) xxix.
Q3) Twenty-nine equals 2² (two squared) plus what squared?
A3) Five squared (): 5, in other words.
Q4) How do we write twenty-nine in hexadecimal?
A4) 1d: or, alternatively, 1D.
Q5) Which planet takes roughly twenty-nine years to orbit the sun: Mars, Jupiter or Saturn?
A5) Saturn.   The orbit is nearer to 29.4571 years.
Q6) The Bishnoi follow twenty-nine principles.   They’re a sect of which Indian religion?
A6) Hinduism.
Q7) NGC29 is what: a red dwarf, a quasar or a spiral galaxy?
A7) A spiral galaxy.
Q8) Which metal’s atomic number is twenty-nine?
A8) Copper’s.
Q9) The year, AD29, was called 782 Ab urbe condita.   In Ancient … where?
A9) Rome.
Q10) Finally … Turkish, Swedish, Finnish, Danish and Norwegian all have twenty-nine letter what?
A10) Alphabets.   Here’s Turkish, Swedish, Finnish and the shared Danish and Norwegian ones …
Here’s a thought …
“Be joyful and keep your faith and your creed.”
Saint David.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        I know it amazes me what I can find on the iPlayer, Olga: and on some of the other catch up services.   At any rate … ?   I managed to catch Terminator: Dark Fate, last night.   Watching anything else may have been a better idea, it was a bit of a 💣.

†        I can tell why, Debbi!   I caught some of 2003 version.   How on EARTH the cast kept a straight face, I don’t know!   Apparently, though?   When the original Joe Friday actor died, the LAPD retired his badge number.   What can I tell you?   (Oh, sorry about q3, yesterday, the 5² one: but the answer I was after was 5²: or 5.)

2 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) A dove
Q2) vegetarians
Q3) Los Angeles
Q4) A leek
Q5) Pembrokeshire
Yes, I'd heard bad things about it and I haven't watched it. Good job as well. Just remind you that I'm starting my course tomorrow, so I might not be around much in March (apart perhaps from the weekends, although it depends on how much catching up I have to do).
Take care!

Debbi said...

Oh, crap! As Rick always used to say when he took a test, "Read the f*cking question!"

1. a dove
2. vegetarians
3. Los Angeles
4. a leek in their hats
5. Cornwall