Monday, 16 March 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 16-3-2020: The Number Sixteen

16th March, 2020.


Right, then: I’ve got The Faceless Ones, the reconstructed Dr Who story, on blu-ray.

I’m happy.

And happily ripping it, so that I can watch it later.

Frankly?

It’s the last of the birthday presents to turn up.

And, equally as frankly?   It actually turned up, yesterday.

A day before the formal release.

I’m not complaining.

~≈¥≈~

I will complain — or, at least, make a point — at this stage.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker saw its US release on Friday 13th: a few days early.

US release, I should add.

The UK release?

Is at the end of April.

Personally?

I think that’s not necessarily good.

I think that’s going to encourage people in the UK to download from torrent sharing sites.


But, hey … what do I know … ?

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga* and Debbi† putting in their answers: with both scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) It’s the 16th March.   16 is what squared?
Q2) 16 is 2 to the power of what?
Q3) 16 is the minimum age of consent, where: the UK, France or Italy?
Q4) What’s 16: in Roman numerals?
Q5) What’s 16: in binary?
Q6) What’s 16: in base 16 notation?
Q7) Base 16 is also known as hexa … what?
Q8) There are 16 ounces in a Avoirdupois what?
Q9) There are 16 pawns in which board game?
Q10) Finally … ?   The Imperial Seal of Japan has 16 petals.   The seal is a symbolic what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1) 15th March, 1935, saw the birth of actor, Judd Hirsch.   In which series did he play Alex Rieger?
A1) Taxi.
Q2) Somalia and Ethiopia sign a truce that ended Ethio-Somali War: on 15th March of which year?
A2) 1978.
Q3) 51 people were killed in an attack on a mosque in Christchurch: on 15th March, 2019.   Mosque, city and shootings were in which country?
A3) New Zealand.
Q4) 15th March, 1962, saw the birth of singer, Terence Trent D’arby.   What — in 2001 — did he change his name to … ?
Q5) Finally … ?  15th March, 1961, saw South Africa withdraw from the … what?
Here’s a thought …
“Did I think he was ‘the one?’ Iʼll never know. At sixteen, everyone is ‘the one.’”
Ten Tiny Breaths, K.A. Tucker.
And a playlist …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        Buy tobacco, Olga‡?   Now that’s what I call counter-intuitive!   It’s sounding complicated over there.   Actually … you’re not the first person to mention the homeless, in all this: there’s at least one MP who’s asking for safe spaces to be set up for the homeless.   They’ve suggested converted office spaces.   Which would be an issue in Brentwood: every spare office near me has already been turned into posh flats!   And yes: I’m with you on cabin fever!   (Oh, apparently?   France went ahead with its elections … )

†        It’s amazing how frequently that one turns up, Debbi‡!   Oh, keep your eyes peeled for Dr Who reviews …

‡        Found it!   Meant to flag this cartoon up for you … !




1 comment:

  1. Ha! Funny.

    1. 4
    2. 4
    3. the UK
    4. XVI
    5. 10000
    6. 10
    7. decimal
    8. one pound
    9. chess
    10. chrysanthemum

    ReplyDelete

I love it when people comment. But, having had anonymous comments I feel may be libellous, actionable or just plain offensive, over the years?

I’d appreciate you* leaving your name — with a link to your website or social-media profile†, for preference — before you post a comment.

Should you choose to use a pseudonym/name, I’d appreciate it if that name were to be polite and inoffensive. I’d rather you kept it clean, and relatively adult. Comments left with a pseudonym will be posted at my discretion: I really prefer a link.

Contentious, actionable or abusive posts left anonymously will not be posted. Nor will comments using offensive pseudonyms or language, or that are abusive of other commenters.

If you can also leave you comments on today’s Teaser Video, that would be good.

Thank you.

*   I know many value their online privacy. I respect that. But hope you respect my wish to see who’s commenting on my blog: and my wish for you to introduce your self to me, and to your fellow commentors.

†   Your Facebook, X/Twitter, Blogger, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn profile are acceptable: as are Bluesky or Mastodon links. I also like seeing folks webpages.