Wednesday 18 March 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 18-3-2020: Spacewalker

18th March, 2020.


It’s something I think I can say with a certain amount of certainty.

I feel ill.

Right at the moment?   My guts are killing me.

I can use my usual solution: tons of vitamin D supplements.

But stomach cramps, and the shakes, are not something I want to deal with.

~≈†≈~

There’s something else, as well.

I joined a weight management programme, back in January.

One that should end in early April.

Should.

Except that it’s been cancelled: Covid19 strikes again.

I know why it’s needed, I know it was one hell of a walk: especially given my leg’s playing up.

It’s selfish, I know,

But, knowing I need the help … ?

Leaves me very angry at it’s cancelling!

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Debbi* putting in her answers:  scoring five out of five in the process.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video … 

Q1) The first person to walk in space did so on 18th March.   Of which year of the 1960s?
Q2) What was the space walker’s name?
Q3) Was the walker a cosmonaut, taikonaut or astronaut?
Q4) The walker’s spacecraft was the Voskhod 2.   The word, Voskhod means what: sunrise, sunset or moonrise?
Q5) The walker was walking for how long: 10 minutes, 12 minutes or 14 minutes?
Q6) Finally … ?   Spacewalks are also called Extra Vehicular
what?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 


Q1) 17th March is Saint Patrick’s Day.   Saint Patrick is the patron saint of which N: Namibia, Niger or Nigeria?
A1) Nigeria.
Q2) Saint Patrick’s the patron saint of sin.   Which of the Seven Deadly Sins shares its name with a South American animal?
A2) Sloth.   Here’s the creature …
Q3) Saint Patrick is the patron saint of which E?
A3) Engineers.
Q4) According to research, Saint Patrick was the son of a decurion.   In other words, a local councillor in Ancient … where?
A4) Ancient Rome.   (The word was also the name of a Roman cavalry officer)
Q5) Finally … ?   Old Kilpatrick is said to be Patrick’s birthplace.   Where is it: England, Scotland, Northern Ireland or Wales?
A5) Scotland.
Here’s a thought …
“Lenin once said the universe is endless in time and space. It is the best description of what I saw in those moments.”
The Spacewalker, writing in 2004.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day.




*        It’s hysterical, Debbi!   I’ve never read Camus … but I’m tempted to see if I can get hold of Terry Nation’s The Survivors … 

1 comment:

Debbi said...

That sounds interesting! I wonder if it's available over here. :)

1. 1965
2. Alexei Leonov
3. cosmonaut
4. sunrise
5. 12 minutes
6. activity