Saturday 12 November 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 12th November 2022.

12th November, 2022.


Yes: it’s officially Saturday.

Which means … ?

Frankly, it means I’ve got the blood tests out of the way: I’ve got to phone my GP’s to organise an appointment with the diabetes nurse, but they’re done for this quarter.

I’ve ALSO had a dentists checkup, as well.

Thankfully?

There’s nothing falling out.

And nothing that needs poking.

~≈Á≈~

JUST in case you’re interested?

I caught another episode of Star Trek Strange New Worlds, last night.

As my intro video will tell you … ?


My reviews — written and video — will be up, tonight.

Keep your eyes peeled!

~≈Á≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with all three scoring five out of five.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Actor, Ryan Gosling, was born on 12th November, 1980.   Is he a part owner of Wrexham FC: yes, or no?

Q2)        12th November, 2018, saw the death of Stan Lee.   He was associated with which comic book company: Marvel, DC Thomson or DC?

Q3)        The Comoros joined the UN: on 12th November, 1975.   The Comoros are where: the Pacific Ocean, Atlantic Ocean, or the Indian Ocean.

Q4)        DeWitt Wallace was born: 12th November, 1889.   He and his wife, Lila Bell Wallace, founded which US magazine: Readers Digest, Cosmopolitan or Cigar Aficionado?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Voyager 1 probe took photos of Saturn as it flew by: on 12th November, 1980.   Those photos were the first of Saturn’s what: rings or moons?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        11th November is marked as Armistice Day: in the UK, and many other countries. Many will be wearing a commemorative what: rose, orchid or poppy?
A1)        Poppy.

Q2)        The Armistice, itself, was signed between the Allies. And where: Germany, France or the US?
A2)        Germany.

Q3)        The Armistice marked the end of hostilities, where: the Western Front, Eastern Front or Africa?
A3)        The Western Front.

Q4)        The Armistice was signed at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month. In which French commune: Lyon, Compiègne or Marseille? 
A4)        Compiègne.

Q5)        Finally … ? Henry Gunther is said to be the last soldier to die during the War: at 10.59am, a minute before the Armistice took hold. Which army was he with: the German, US or British?
A5)        The US.
Here’s a thought … 
“I just tried to remember the lyrics and not bump into the trumpet player.”
Singer, Jo Stafford, November 12, 1917 – July 16, 2008.
And a song …



 Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

†        I got your message, Olga.   I think I’ll book mark The Ghosts of Riots Past, so I can buy it later.   The free Kindle version means you have to download a trial version of the kindle app: that starts charging a monthly fee, after thirty days.   Given the books I’ve already got cued up, I’d miss the deadline, and end up paying for a couple of months!
        Either way?   Bloody Sunday was notorious: prosecutions are still happening … 
        Talking of books … ?   I’m reading Simon Singh’s The Code Book: which — in its opening pages — is rather good.   I suspect I’m going to need a dictionary, by the end!
        And cheers.   I got there early, thankfully, and done early.   Barcelona luck obviously rubs off!

        I’m saying nothing about Richard Burton, Debbi: but I’ll try and do another set on him, next year.   :D
        Oh, I’ve bookmarked Fatal Connections, so you know!   I’ll probably only be able to afford it, after Xmas!   (I mentioned it to Olga: I’m currently reading Simon Singh’s The Code Book: it’s rather good!   He did one about De Fermat’s Last Theorem, as well: that’s one hell of a story!)

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) No. It’s another Ryan, Ryan Reynolds

Q2) Marvel

Q3) the Indian Ocean

Q4) Reader’s Digest

Q5) rings
Thanks, Paul. I am not sure if the author made a mistake, as he said it was free to buy, not as part of unlimited, that is not free (as far as I understand free). It makes no sense, because he mentioned that it would be free until Monday, although perhaps it is only in the US...
Fingers crossed everything is fine with the results. The party/event this morning was pretty good.
Keep me posted on the book as well.

Freda said...

1 no
2 Marvel
3 Indian Ocean
4 Readers Digest
5 Moons

Debbi said...

Sounds intriguing. I checked out his website. Very interesting!

1. no
2. Marvel
3. the Indian Ocean
4. Reader's Digest
5. rings

Burton was fantastic in the movie Where Eagles Dare. With Clint Eastwood. It's a must-see! :)

Here's a fan-made trailer I found. It has the fewest spoilers: https://youtu.be/-wajKMCgV3g

And Mary Ure plays way more than a love interest for Richie! :)