Sunday 20 November 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 20th November 2022.

20th November, 2022.


Did I mention I’ve bought a webcam?

As a present for someone.

And, yesterday … ?

I got a letter.

This one:


Basically? 

As I’ve bought a webcam, it’s offering me a £10 Amazon voucher: if I email the sender.

It’s got me double checking my security settings on Amazon: as I feel it’s iffy, at the very least.

After all, it looks like a mass mail-out.

It starts with ‘Dear Friend,’ rather than my name: despite having my name in the address field.

The voucher?   Has £10 written as 10£.

And the (fake) card has ‘amazon.com’, rather than ‘amazon.co.uk’.



And frankly, if it WAS a genuine offer?

Why not just contact me through the Amazon message centre?

Like I say: I feel it’s iffy.

~≈Œ≈~

Oh, I mentioned, yesterday, that Elon Musk was at it again: holding a vote on Twitter, to see if people thought Donald Trump should be re-admitted.

Trump won.


Even though Trump says he doesn’t want to rejoin … ?

I get the feeling we’ve been cheated*.

~≈Œ≈~

JUST as a last thought?   Before moving on?

I caught another episode of Star Trek Strange New Worlds on Friday: called All Those Who Wander.

It’s really quite something!


~≈Œ≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum†, Olga‡ and Debbi^ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        20th November is the feast day of Saint Bernward of Hildesheim.   He’s a patron saint of whom: painters, bishops or cesspit cleaners?

Q2)        Diocletian was named as Roman Emperor: on 20th November, 284AD.   He re-organised the Roman Empire so that it was ruled by four emperors ruling four parts of the Empire. In a system known as the what: Triad, Tetrarchy or Pentateuch?

Q3)        The Lusaka Protocol was signed on 20th November, 1994.   It helped end a civil war, where: Angola, Burundi or Chad?

Q4)        Actress, Ming-Na Wen, was born on 19th November, 1963.   She plays Fennec Shand in which TV show: The Book of Boba Fett, Young Sheldon or Velma?

Q5)        Finally … ?   20th November, 1956, saw the birth of actress Bo Derek.   She plays Jane Parker in which 1981 film: The Evil Dead, Pennies from Heaven or Tarzan, the Ape Man?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        19th November is the feast day of Obadiah.   The Book of Obadiah is in what: the Old Testament or the New Testament?
A1)        The Old Testament.   (With one chapter and twenty-one verses, it’s the shortest book of the Bible.)

Q2)        19th November is Liberation Day, where: Ukraine, Mali or Albania … ?
A2)        Mali.

Q3)        19th November, 1946, saw Afghanistan, Iceland and Sweden, all join what: the UN, EU or the Arab League?
A3)        The United Nations, or UN.

Q4)        19th November, 1999, John Carpenter become the first person to win the maximum prize.   On the US version of which game show?

Q5)        Finally … ?   19th November, 1994, saw the first UK National Lottery drawn.   The current odds of winning the Lotto’s maximum prize stand at roughly how much: forty-five million to one, fifty-five million to one or sixty-five million to one.
A5)        Forty-five million to one.   (The chances of winning a prize are 1 in 10.3.   Roughly 29 to 1, if I’m right.)
Here’s a thought … 
“The presidency itself is not a partisan institution.   It’s the one office in this nation that represents everyone and it demands a duty of care for all Americans.”
President Joe Biden, born November 20, 1942.
And a song …



Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        Anyone that wants to join me on Mastodon?   Are cordially invited … 

        Hello, Mum!

        Will do, Olgaª.   Hopefully, the diabetes nurse will phone, before then!   As for the Trump vote?   Musk’s allowing him back on.   That Mastodon invite’s still open!

^        Now, why am I not surprised, Debbiª?   And have I mentioned wooly mammoths?

ª        Have I mentioned today’s earworm … ?   Um … … 

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) painters

Q2) Tetrarchy

Q3) Angola

Q4) The Book of Boba Fett

Q5) Tarzan, the Ape Man. Bless her. She can't act her way out of a paper bag.
I didn't follow what happened with the vote, but we all know what tends to happen if you ask a really stupid question. (Here I am talking about Brexit, for instance). People say stupid things everywhere, so that is that. Perhaps it is not that bad to know what these idiots are thinking. In any case, thanks, but no thanks. If Twitter goes, one less thing to waste my time with (present company excepted, of course). I use it to share books reviews, articles, and local news related to the radio, and mostly stuff to do with books, but as a tool for marketing I don't think it works, and most of the people I've met there I already knew from elsewhere (mostly blogging or writing), so... The only other use I can think of is as an alternate news channel, but, as is the case with everything, you need to be selective. Good luck with Mastodon.
In a Casablanca-style quote: "We'll always have the teaser!"

Debbi said...

Hmm ... interesting!

1. painters
2. Tetrarchy
3. Angola
4. The Book of Boba Fett
5. Tarzan, the Ape Man

That's quite an earworm! Sounds like the Chipmunks. :) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alvin_and_the_Chipmunks

trev-v said...

Last month I won 4 times on the lottery. 3 wins were free lucky dips and 1 was £30. I always use the same 2 lines in both draws. 1 line is the figures from Penny and my birthdays. The second line is house numbers that I have lived at. This has 3 consecutive numbers :- 19,20 and 21.
The house numbers line wins most often.