Sunday 18 September 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 18th September, 2022

18th September, 2022.


It’s officially Sunday: and frankly?

I think it’s going to be quiet.

With the funeral going on, tomorrow?

I’m not exactly expecting things to be busy!

Actually?

Would you mind a confession?

I wouldn’t’ve minded joining the queue to pay my respects.

Partly?   It’s seems the right thing to do.

But it’s also an event.

One* I suspect will be talked about for many years.

Either way?

I’m planning on getting up early, tomorrow.

The first state funeral in seventy years will be something to watch.

And, if Jude has kids?   I want to be able to tell them I watched it.

~≈|≈~

Oh … videos … 

My nephew was over, yesterday: and managed to put another video, together.

As did I: finishing off a review of the first episode of Star Trek Strange New Worlds.

Feel free to like ’em and share ’em … !



~≈|≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga†, Mum‡ and Debbi^ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring ten out of ten, and Mum on seven.



Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        18th September, 1997, saw Ted Turner of CNN, donate a billion dollars to what: the UN, the Democrats or Amnesty?

Q2)        Officer J. D. Tippit was born on 18th September, 1924.   He was shot and killed on 22nd November, 1963.   By whom: Lee Harvey Oswald, Jack Ruby or Paul Gotti?

Q3)        18th September is the feast day of Saint Joseph of Cupertino.   He’s the patron saint of what: physicists, astronauts or blacksmiths?

Q4)        18th September is the first of two Fiestas Patrias.   Where: Chile, French Guiana or Paraguay?

Q5)        Finally … ? Get Smart debuted on 18th September, 1965.   The main character, Max Smart, was also known as what: Number 6, Agent 86 or Mother?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        The first episode of M*A*S*H aired: on 17th September.   On which US channel: CBS, NBC or Fox?
A1)        CBS.

Q2)        It first aired in which year of the 1970s?
A2)        1972.

Q3)        The series was about a Mobile Army Surgical what?
A3)        Mobile Army Surgical Hospital.

Q4)        The M*A*S*H unit in the series had which number: 4077, 90210 or 5-0?
A4)        4077.

Q5)        The series was set during which war: the Korean War, Vietnam War or Spanish Civil War?
A5)        The Korean War.

Q6)        M*A*S*H was based on a film of the same name.   A film released in which year of the 1970s?
A6)        1970.

Q7)        Hawkeye Pierce and Trapper John, were played by Alan Alda and Wayne Rogers. Both characters had nicknames inspired by a famous American novel.   Which American novel: The Last of the Mohicans, Moby Dick or Adventures of Huckleberry Finn?
A7)        The Last of the Mohicans.   To be more accurate?   Both the Trapper and Hawkeye were nicknames for the main character, Natty Bumppo.

Q8)        Head nurse, Margaret ‘Hot Lips’ Houlihan, was played by Loretta Swit.   Swit played Christine Cagney in the pilot episode of which detective show?
A8)        Cagney and Lacey.

Q9)        Colonel Sherman T. Potter was the unit commander for the latter part of the series: and played by Harry Morgan.   Harry Morgan played Officer Bill Gannon in which TV series: CSI: Miami, Hawaii 5-0 or Dragnet?
A9)        Dragnet: the 1967 version.   (Their job? To enforce the law, and preserve the safety of decent citizens!   I’ve seen some of the 2003 version: and the ’67 version.   No wonder the movie took the mickey!)

Q10)        Finally … ?   The show’s last episode, Goodbye, Farewell and Amen, aired in which year of the 1980s?
A10)        1983.
Here’s a thought … 
“I am bewildered by the thousands of strange people who write me letters.   They do not know me.   Why do they do that?”
Greta Garbo, 18 September 1905 – 15 April 1990.
And a theme tune: it’s the show’s birthday …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.



*        There’s a joke about it doing the rounds on Facebook and Twitter;
American: The queues at Disneyland are murder.
Brit: Hold my beer.



        Oh, please, Olga!   I’d love to see those!

        Hello, Mum!   (I think you need to have a look as your phone’s Autocorrect.   That’s the second time you’ve put Monica’s instead of Mohicans!)

^        Very true, Debbi, very true!   (Oh, how’s the external drive doing … ?   14 terabytes?   I’m impressed with that!)

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) the UN

Q2) Lee Harvey Oswald

Q3) astronauts

Q4) Chile

Q5) Agent 86 (I liked this one!)
I remembered I had a book on miniatures, which I had forgotten to review, and I took the chance to write a review that I'll share on my blog next week, and I intend to add the link to it as well when it's up and running. I also want to share it with the organiser of the fair, so I'll make sure I send it your way also. Some of the miniatures were so tiny that the camera wasn't doog enough to take a good enough picture. This guy (it was an international fair), was amazing and he was organising workshops as well. He was very chatty too:
www.va-holzkunts.de
(He creates the kits and shows how to put them together, but he told me some of them he makes only when he gets a request, and he goes as small as 1/2000). The usual is 1/12. There was some amazing stuff, some incredible furniture, and then everyday items that looked so real...
I am sure you're right about tomorrow. I keep reading bits of news of different countries wanting to get their diamonds back form the British Crown (South Africa, India) and talking about getting out of the Commonwealth, so one has to wonder how things will move on. Of course, there were many changes already during Elizabeth's lifetime, but I don't think Charles has the same kind of appeal.

Freda said...

1 United Nations
2 Lee Harvey Oswald
3 Astronauts
4 Chilie
5 Agent 99

Debbi said...

Going great guns, so far. :) To use a very old expression.

1. the UN
2. Lee Harvey Oswald
3. astronauts
4. Chile
5. Agent 86

Love that last question. Wasn't Mother the head of whatever agency Steed and Tara-ragoon-diay (Mrs. Peel's replacement) worked for? :)

And did you say Number 6?! :)

https://youtu.be/AHiAZGlImMs

Who is Number One? :)

Be seeing you!