Wednesday 7 September 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 7-9-2022: Fiji

7th September, 2022.


Yes: it’s official.

Radio Four* is on: and Amol Rajan has just used the phrase, ‘Policy Wonk,’ on an open channel.

At least my socks are dry.

Which is nice.

Frankly?

I can put my feet up, and look up the word wonk.

~≈Α≈~

Donald Trump’s possibly in trouble.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation raided his Mar-a-Lago estate, recently.

And, according to news, today?

According to the Guardian, one of the documents recovered ‘described a foreign government’s nuclear capabilities.’

The sort of thing a former government official is only supposed to have access to under very limited circumstances.

There’s questions, there.

Which government?

And?

Why did Trump have them?   Especially after he was out of office.

I’d hate to accuse him of planning to sell them to America’s enemies.

But I bet I’m not the only person who’s thought of that … … … 

~≈Ω≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga†, Mum‡ and Debbi^ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        7th September is Constitution Day in Fiji.   It marks the the country adopted its fourth constitution.   In which year: 2013, 2015 or 2017?

Q2)        Fiji is in which ocean: the Indian, North Atlantic or South Pacific?

Q3)        Suva is Fiji’s capital city.   What’s Fiji’s largest city?

Q4)        1970 saw Fiji become independent from where: the UK, France or Portugal?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Fiji Mermaid was a well known fake.   A fake exhibited by whom: P. T. Barnum, J. A. Bailey or the Ringling Brothers?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        Idris Elba was born on 6th September.   Of which year of the 1970s?
A1)        1972.

Q2)        He does a spoken word intro for the 2019 song, London Boy.   Who recorded London Boy: Sheryl Crowe, Madonna or Taylor Swift?
A2)        Taylor Swift.

Q3)        Idris play DCI John Luther in the TV series, Luther.   In the British police, a DCI like Luther is a Detective Chief what?
A3)        Inspector.

Q4)        August 2022 saw Idris in the George Miller directed, Three Thousand Years of Longing. Opposite who: Cate Blanchett, Sienna Miller or Tilda Swinton?
A4)        Tilda Swinton.

Q5)        Finally?   Idris plays Tango in which 2007 movie: American Gangster, 28 Weeks Later or The Reaping?
A5)        American Gangster.
Here’s a thought … 
“Rerevaka na Kalou ka Doka na Tui.”
“Fear God and honour the Queen.”
Fiji’s less than republican motto.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        I’ve now put some music on.   Bowie’s Absolute Beginners — his best song, if you ask me — is playing in the background.


†        Iman’s daughter’s taking a bit of a punt, there, Olga!   Both careers are … risky … Still, wish her luck for me!   I have managed to leave a Good Luck Message on Jude’s phone: I know I’m nervous enough for the both of us!

        Hello, Mum!

^        You know, I’ve never actually read any Highsmith, Debbi?   I’ll have to keep an eye open!

3 comments:

Freda said...

1 2015
2 Pacific
3 Suva
4 UK
5 PT Barnum

Olga said...

Q1) 2013

Q2) The South Pacific

Q3) Suva

Q4) The UK

Q5) P. T. Barnum
Yes, we shall see. Iman's husband is very rational and takes a common-sense approach to live. Iman, a bit less so. (She's come up with pretty mad ideas at times, although, thankfully, in most cases she thinks better of them, or somebody does).
I haven't read many of Highsmith's novels, but I've enjoyed the ones I've read. She's on my list as well, and I'm sure I have some of her books still unread hanging around.
Wish Jude good luck for me.

Debbi said...

Neither have I, but I'm seen the movies. I should check out the books, too.

1. 2013
2. South Pacific
3. Suva
4. the UK
5. P.T. Barnum

I think most of us here are pretty well convinced that Trump has been, um, indiscreet. Boy, is that an understatement! Trying not to commit libel here, you know? :)