Thursday 22 September 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 22nd September, 2022.

22nd September, 2022.


You know … I don’t usually mind busy days.

But?

If I can avoid it, I like to.

Saying that … ?

I’ve a weigh management meeting, this morning, a meeting my job centre work coach, this afternoon,  and my ’flu jab, this evening.

Cue the music … 


~≈¥≈~

Talking of Universal Credit?   The main benefit I’m on … ?

Incoming Chancellor, Kwasi Kwarteng, has announced that he’ll be changing the rules for those of us working part time, whilst claiming.

If you’re working up to twelve hours, you have to report to a work coach.

He’s planning to increase that to fifteen hours.

Which won’t affect me until I find a part time job.

It does leave me wondering what else Mr Kwateng has up his sleeve.

Given the fact he’s a member of a new Cabinet, a Cabinet that seems eager to please cost cutting, right wing Tory voters?

It strikes me he’s going to be a bit keen.

~≈¥≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        22nd September is the feast day of Saint Sinope the Gardener.   He’s a patron saint of gardeners. And who else: farmers, soldiers or cobblers?

Q2)        22nd September, 1980, saw Iraq invade where: Iran, Israel or Italy?

Q3)        Andrea Bocelli was born: on 22nd September, 1958.   He’s a what: bass, tenor or baritone?

Q4)        Rapper, Mystikal, was born on 22nd September, 1970.   He first album, Mystikal, was released in which year of the 1990s?

Q5)        Finally … ?   22nd September, 1982, saw the birth of Billie Piper.   She plays Suzie Pickles in which TV series?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1)        21st September is Independence Day in Armenia.   It marks Armenia’s independence from where: the Ottoman Empire, the Soviet Union or the People’s Republic of Chappaquiddick?
A1)        The Soviet Union.

Q2)        It became independent in which year of the 1990s: 1991, 1992 or 1993?
A2)        1991.

Q3)        Armenia’s capital is on the Hrazdan River.   What’s that capital called: Erewhon, Yerevan or Yezidi?
A3)        Yerevan. Erewhon is a Victorian satire: try spelling the title backwards.   The Yezidi are from Kurdistan.

Q4)        What’s Armenia’s currency: the dram, the dam or the demand?
A4)        The dram.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Hayastan is the Armenian name for where?
A5)        Armenia.
Here’s a thought …
“To be able to interpret a piece, I have to fall in love with it.”
Andrea Bocelli, born 22nd September, 1958.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.






*        I figured it might be that, Olga!   But I was a little worried.   And cheers for the link.   It looks like it’s got a Victorian book store!
        The original Hellraiser was rather good, I felt: although I don’t know if the effects have aged well.  The Cenobites, the creatures Pinhead led, were far more ambiguous than the later films.   The new version of the character is played by a woman, and seems very androgynous.   Exactly how the novel describe them.


        Hello, Mum!

        Tell me about it, Debbi!   I had three weeks worth of Sarah Paulson saying “Do you know your name?”   Arrrggghhh!!
        Let’s have some more of those Crime Cafe episodes, Debbi!   Oh, the slot machine operator gets mentioned at 2:12.   I didn’t think he said, ‘slot,’ though!!!!!!!!
        (Oh, I mentioned the original Hellraiser to Olga.   Did you know Andrew Robinson — plain simple Garak! — is in it?)

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) Farmers (It seems he is also known as Phocas. Not sure it would be easy to choose either name, to be honest). Foca, is seal, in Spanish, so, with that sound...

Q2) Iran

Q3) Tenor. How curious! I had no idea how old he was. I thought he was younger.

Q4) 1994

Q5) I Hate Suzie
I'll keep my eyes peeled for Hellraiser, and I must try to catch up on the stories as well. Oh, yes, there were some wonderful items and scenes on the exhibition, and there were a couple of artists that created amazing figurines, one historical ones (some not for sale), and another one that did Goth/steam-punk creations with a touch of horror, which I loved, although those were pretty expensive (unsurprisingly. They must take a lot of time to make).
I don't know if you've ever seen one of the exhibitions of Andrew Gormley Field sculptures. He's done different versions in different countries, but I caught up with the Field of the British Isles at the Liverpool Tate, many years back, and it was a pretty weird and wondrous sensation, because it's a bit like being Gulliver looking down at Lilliput and its inhabitants, and they all looking up at you. Miniatures are not the same, but that was a weird experience.
https://publicdelivery.org/antony-gormley-field/
Good luck with your busy schedule. I hope all goes well.

Freda said...

1 Soldiers
2 Iran
3 Tenor
4 1994
5 Dr Who

Debbi said...

Robinson was also the "punk" Clint Eastwood threatened and shot at the end of Dirty Harry. :)

1. farmers
2. Iran
3. tenor
4. 1994
5. I Hate Suzie