Monday 26 September 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 26th September, 2022.

26th September, 2022.


Yes: it’s September.

It’s almost the end of September, but none-the-less, September.

So … ?

I had dinner with my family, last night.

Where, inevitably?   We got talking about Christmas presents.

It’s nice to get the conversation out of the way … but LORD, it’s September!

~≈🗓≈~

Oh, I forgot to mention, yesterday: I caught another episode of Star Trek Strange New Worlds, on Friday.

Here’s the video review: in case you’re interested … 


Feel free to leave a comment!

~≈🖖≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        26th September is the Feast Day of Wilson Carlile.   According to whom: the Church of England, the Roman Catholic Church or the Orthodox Church of Satan?

Q2)        26th September, 2019, saw the death of Jacques Chirac.   He’d been president of where: Belgium, France or Haiti?

Q3)        26th September, 1944, saw British and Polish soldiers withdraw from where: Arnhem, the Bulge or Ypres?

Q4)        Director, David Slade, was born on 26th September, 1969.   His 2007 film, 30 Days of Night, is set in a small town, where: Alaska, Yukon or the Northwest Territories?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Footballer, Dan Preston, was born on 26th September, 1991.   He plays for whom: Bedworth United, Accrington Stanley or Manchester United?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        25th September saw the birth of rapper and actor, Will Smith.   In which year of the 1960s?
A1)        1968.

Q2)        He used what as his stage name: the Fresh Prince, French Stick or French Fry?
A2)        The Fresh Prince.

Q3)        He released singles as part of a duo: along side DJ Jazzy … who?
A3)        DJ Jazzy Jeff.

Q4)        He played the father of Venus and Serena Williams in a 2021 film.   Which 2021 film?
A4)        King Richard.

Q5)        Finally … ?   He plays Agent J in which 1997 film: Event Horizon, Men in Black or Starship Troopers?
A5)        Men in Black.
Here’s a thought … 
“I think that’s what life is about, it’s about learning something new every day.”
Serena Williams, 26th September, 1981.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Hello, Mum!

        I be honest, Olga, I think it’s nineteen pounds well spent: especially as my sight’s at risk, because of the diabetes.   I’ve got (thankfully mild) cataracts: so I’m intent on doing what I can to keep them mild.    If I can urge you to monitor your sight, Olga, I will!
        And you stay well, too!

        I’ll try and keep the pot warm, Debbi!
        Oh, did I mention the most recent episode of Strange New Worlds?   It give Uhura a lot to do: I think Nichelle Nichols would’ve been pleased to see that!

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) the Church of England

Q2) France

Q3) Arnhem

Q4) Alaska

Q5) Bedworth United
Cataracts come to all in due course, but yes, keeping them at bay for as long as one can is the best strategy.
Not keen on Christmas, so I tend to avoid thinking about it. Although at least, it is an entertaining time at the radio, and I don't have many presents to worry about, so that's not a problem.

Freda said...

1 C of E
2 France
3 Arnham
4 Alaska
5 Bedworth United

Debbi said...

Things have changed a lot since the original series. Groundbreaking as it was. :)

1. the Church of England
2. France
3. Arnhem
4. Alaska
5. Bedworth United

I think I spelled those right. :)