Friday 2 September 2022

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 2nd September, 2022.

2nd September, 2022.


Yep: that’s another possible scammer blocked on Instagram.

I’m on Instagram, if you didn’t know.

And?   JUST been messaged, over night.

By someone calling themselves Hele.n141, who had lots of glamour shots of themselves in their profile … and who insisted their name was ‘Hellen.’

I’ve blocked them.

Repeatedly — and robotically — asking me “Where is your location,” is not the best way to convince me you’re real.

~≈§≈~

At any rate … ?

It’s Friday: the day after I had a Restart meeting by phone.

And managed to arrange the next one: so it doesn’t mean travelling to Chelmsford on a strike day!

I’m sympathetic to strikers: they have a good reason to be striking.

But?

Had I been working, those strikes would’ve left me very angry.

As it is, I’m just annoyed: but can at least can plan ahead.

~≈§≈~

At any rate … again … ?

I’ve another meeting, today: with my Job Centre case worker.

Hopefully

It will go well … and mean meeting the chap!

He’s been my case worker for the past month and a half, and I’ve never actually met him!

~≈§≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga†, Mum‡ and Debbi^ putting in their answers: with Olga scoring four out of five, and Debbi and Mum on three.

I hate to sound picky, but the actual answer to yesterday’s first question was Boston, Massachusetts!

(I gave a choice of three different Bostons!)


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        The Battle of Actium took place on 2nd September, 31BC.   It saw Octavian defeat an army led by whom: Mark Antony, Cicero or Pompey?

Q2)        2nd September, 1946, saw an interim government form in a newly nation.   Which nation: Zimbabwe, India or South Africa?

Q3)        2nd September is the feast day of Agricola of Avignon.   Agricola’s the patron saint of what: pigeons, storks or flamingoes?

Q4)        2nd September, 1929, saw the birth of actor, Victor Spinetti.   He appeared in all three live action films by whom: the Rolling Stones, the Hollies or the Beatles? 

Q5)        Finally … ?   Cricketer, Ishant Sharma, was born: on 2nd September, 1988.   He currently plays for whom: the Chennai Superkings, Delhi Capitals or the Gujarat Titans?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        The Tremont Street Subway opened: on 1set September, 1897.   The subway’s where: Boston, Massachusetts, Boston, Texas or Boston, Lincolnshire?
A1)        Boston, Massachusetts.

Q2)        Emma Nutt was recruited on 1st September, 1878.   As the world’s first female what: football referee, telephone operator or computer repair woman?
A2)        Telephone operator.   I now have this in my head.

Q3)        Uzbekistan declared itself independent: on 1st September, 1991.   From where: China, the USSR or the Ottoman Empire?
A3)        The USSR.

Q4)        Actress, Violet Carson, was born on 1st September, 1898.   She played Ena Sharples in which show: EastEnders, Hollyoaks or Coronation Street?
A4)        Coronation Street.   (The character was fond of milk stout: I’m assuming she had a sweet tooth.)

Q5)        Finally … ?   Asteroid, 3 Juno, was discovered: on 1st September, 1804.   It’s named after a goddess in which ancient mythology: the Greek, Roman or Chinese?
A5)        Roman.
Here’s a thought … 
“People ask me what they should do about being in this business.   I say, learn the three Rs: redundancy, rejection and resting.”
Victor Spinetti, 2 September 1929 – 19 June 2012.
And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Cheers, Olga: it went well.   I’ve another, today: and not facing a bus strike!   Oh, well, THAT’S a relief: at least you’ve got the router working!

        Hello, Mum!

‡        Oh, yes!   Oh, have I mentioned today’s episode of The Reunion, Debbi?   It’s a fascinating thing about the ’97 Kasparov-Deep Blue match!

3 comments:

Freda said...

1 Mark Antony
2 India
3 Storks
4 The Beatles
5 Delhi

Olga said...

Q1) Mark Antony

Q2) India

Q3) Storks

Q4) The Beatles

Q5) The Delhi Capitals
Thanks, Paul. Good luck with today's meeting as well. Yes, it would be time to finally meet in person, I guess.
Perhaps there should be a general strike, and at least everybody would be in the same conditions. There're enough reasons for it, and I think perhaps we should have a world-wide one as well.

Debbi said...

I can't believe you took points off for not specifying Massachusetts. Oh, well. :)

1. Mark Antony
2. India
3. storks
4. the Beatles ("I know we're here." -- George Harrison)
5. the Delhi Capitals