Saturday 7 October 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 7th October 2023.

7th July, 2023.



Yep: it’s Saturday.

And?

I’m going to be heading for the High Street.

I’ve got to pick up my new glasses — reading and TV watching ones — from my optician.

Here’s hoping it goes quickly.

~≈👀≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with Olga and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Mum on four.

The day also saw Trevor¶ leaving us a message.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.


Q1)        According to the UN, 7th October is World what Day: World Cotton Day, World Hair Day or World Banana Day.

Q2)        7th October is the Feast Day of Saint Justina of Padua.   Where is Padua: Italy, Spain or Croatia?

Q3)        7th October, 1973, saw the birth of Finnish footballer, Sami Hyypiä.   Between 1999 and 2009, he played for whom: Liverpool, Manchester United or Tottenham Hotspur?

Q4)        Aleesha Dixon was born on born 7 October 1978.   The singer, dancer and rapper was a judge on which TV show: The Great British Bake Off, The Great British Sewing Bee or Strictly Come Dancing?

Q5)        Finally … ?   Choi Jeong was born on 7th October, 1996.   She’s a professional player of what: Chess, Go or Backgammon?

Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 


Q1)        The first pope to visit the White House did so on 6th October, 1979.   Which Pope was it: John Paul 1st, John Paul 2nd or Benedict 16th?

Q2)        More to the point, which president did the Pope visit: Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter or Ronald Reagan?
A2)        Jimmy Carter.

Q3)        Fiji became a republic on 6th October. 6th October of which year of the 1980s?
A3)        1987.

Q4)        51 Pegasi b was discovered on 6th October, 1995.   It’s a planet, where: inside the solar system, or outside the solar system?
A4)        Outside the solar system.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Olivia Thirlby was born on 6th October, 1986.   She plays Judge Cassandra Anderson, in which 2012 film: Being Flynn, Chronicle or Dredd?
A5)        Dredd.   (As good as Olivia was … ?   I still think Anastacia would’ve made a better job of it.)

Here’s a thought …
“I just want to try to play as long as I can.   So I do the stuff that will give me the best opportunity to perform and score goals.”
Jermain Defoe, born 7 October 1982.
And a song …


  Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Phew!   You had me worried, there, Olga!   But it does remind me quite how big a place Spain is!   At any rate?   Seeing you GP could be handy, however awkward it is!
        Hopefully, I’ll get today’s teaser up, earlier!

        Hello, Mum!

        That possibly means you’re an honorary Fijian, Debbi!   At any rate … ?   Does Trevor know he’s a character?

¶        I did double check that, Trevor: q2 is definitely ‘France’.   (I check three, as well.   It’s definitely the Oval Office address, or Address to the Nation: rather than the State of the Union Address given to a joint session of the US Congress.)

4 comments:

trev-v said...

Yes I know that i have been used as idea for a character.

Yet again you give wronng scores. Good job that you are getting new glasses. 2 days ago the 2 people gave different answers to question 2. Both cannot be right,

Today i would suggest you look at what people have answered to question 4. I make it that one person got it wrong and therefore it cannot be everyone got 5 out of 5.

Freda said...

1 World Cotton Day
2 Italy
3 Liverpool
4 Strickly come Dancing
5 Go

Olga said...

Q1) World Cotton Day

Q2) Italy

Q3) Liverpool

Q4) Strictly Come Dancing

Q5) Go (I didn’t know anything about the game, but when I saw pictures, I was sure I’d seen it. I wonder... It sounds too abstract for me, but, who knows!
There is a digital portal for that hospital, and I did check the tests (they didn't have the report on the X-ray when we saw the doctor there, and although I checked the portal and could see the X-ray, I didn't find the report. In theory those can be downloaded, so I might try that and send them to the GP, and she if she thinks I need a visit or not).
I hope everything went smoothly for you today.
I managed to visit the theatre, which was what I wanted to do, and I did flying visits to a couple of other activities, so we should have enough for a feature for the radio programme (more than enough, I reckon).

Debbi said...

Depends. Does he have a walrus mustache?

Tell him I just like the name. :)

1. World Cotton Day
2. Italy
3. Liverpool
4. Strictly Come Dancing
5. Go

Actually, Trevor is quite the character. :) That's part of his appeal.