Monday 12 June 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 12-6-2023 — Raiders of the Lost Ark

12th June, 2023: Raiders of the Lost Ark.


Well … I’m up early … !

Officially early, if you want me to put it like that.

And on a busy Monday.

Frankly?

I’ve my weight management class, this morning.

And a dentist’s appointment, this afternoon.

And I’m planning to watch The Mandalorian, tonight.

Busy … possibly doesn’t even start!

~≈®≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Mum*, Olga† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.



Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        12th June saw the release of Raiders of the Lost Ark.   In which year of the 1980s?

Q2)        Who played the film’s hero: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford or Rutger Hauer?

Q3)        Who IS that character?

Q4)        Raiders of the Lost Ark was directed by whom: Steven Spielberg, George Lucas or John Walters?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The film’s most recent sequel is released in the US at the end of June, this year. What’s it called?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        11th June is Davis Day.   In which Canadian province: Ontario, Quebec or Nova Scotia?
A1)        Nova Scotia.

Q2)        11th June is the feast day of Saint Barnabas the what: Apostle, Cheese monger or Warrior?
A2)        Barnabas the Apostle.

Q3)        The London International Surrealist Exhibition opened on 11th June.   Of which year of the 1930s?
A3)        1936.   (The exhibition’s Treasurer, Roland Penrose, was the uncle of physicist, Roger Penrose: Roger worked on — or inspired — some of the work by M. C. Escher.)

Q4)        Henry 8th married his first wife: on 11th June, 1509.   Who was his first wife?
A4)        Catherine of Aragon.

Q5)        Finally … ?   11th June, 2009, saw the WHO declare an H1N1 Influenza Pandemic.   This particular strain was also known as what: Bird ’Flu, Swine ’Flu or Dog ’Flu?
A5)        Swine ’Flu.
Here’s a thought … 

Snakes.   Why’d it have to be snakes?”
The film’s hero, on confronting his worst fear.

And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.






*        Hello, Mum!

        That’s a thought, I should maybe get suncream, Olga!
        The Zumba guy sounds vaguely like the singer in the band, at Mum’s recent birthday day: she managed to drag me onto the dance floor.   My knees still haven’t forgiven me!   Either way, a breeze sounds good!
        Oh, did I mention I’ve got Yes, Prime Minister on the go?   It’s still sunny!   (I think I’m going to have to catch up with The Thick of It, though: get something more recent, under my belt.)

        I hope so, Debbi!

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1981

Q2) Harrison Ford

Q3) Indiana Jones

Q4) Steven Spielberg

Q5) Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny
I hope both, the class and the visit to the dentist go well. You got me thinking with your comment about Yes, Prime Minister. I've been thinking about trying to do some activities with Jordi watching some short TV programmes, and was thinking about Fawlty Towers, but it might be a bit much. But as Jordi (and I think most foreigners) seem to understand better the more "official" British accents (the Queen's English... Will it be the King's English now?), and because of the nature of the content, perhaps something like that might work better. Newer series tend to go with more varied accents, and I am sure he would struggle. We have almost finished the textbook, and although he wants to review the basics, I thought that might be fun to do before the summer holidays (they tend to leave in August, and we don't have anything planned. No point in going on holiday when the prices are the highest if you are quite flexible as to time). I am sure they are available with subtitles in English as well, so that would be a help. I'll have to check them out and have a think.

Freda said...

1 1981
2 Harrison Ford
3 Indiana Jones
4 Stephen Spielberg
5 Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Debbi said...

Thank you for the five-question set. My fingers thank you! :)

1. 1981
2. Harrison Ford
3. Indiana Jones
4. Steven Spielberg
5. Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny