Wednesday 7 June 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 7-6-2023 — The Decision.

7th June, 2023: The Decision.


Damn … 

But listening to Radio Four can provoke earworms, can provoke a song to play it’s way through your head.

I had the Today programme on, earlier.

Which featured a report by Elaine Dunkley.

Me being me … ?

I immediately thought of the song, “Ok, Fred”.


By Errol Dunkley.

You can see the way my mind works, can’t you … ?

~≈👨🏻‍🎤≈~

Oh … videos … 

Jude’s started a new channel: about his pet rabbit, Mikey.

You can find it: here!

Feel free to subscribe: and watch his two videos … 



Oh … and an old friend’s done another video about Daleks.


I’m wondering if his guest speaker’s knows something I don’t … 

~≈🤪≈~

And, JUST as a final thought … ?

You’re possibly aware I thingie, do-dah, wossname, yurt!

Let’s do that again!

You’re possibly aware I’ve been using one of Apple’s Mac computers for for some time.

So I keep an eye on the big announcements at each year’s Worldwide Developers Conference, the WWDC.

Alongside a LOT of new Macs*?

They’ve announced macOS Sonoma, the new version of the operating system: and told us it’s due to be released “in the fall”.

Unfortunately?

The new OS has dropped support for my older model of iMac.

Something that’s disappointing: but not surprising.

I was expecting them to drop support in Ventura, to be honest!

~≈🖥️≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga†, Mum‡ and Debbi¶ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.


Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        The US Supreme Court handed down a decision: on 7th June, 1965.   It prevented individual states criminalising the use of what: contraception, abortion, or marijuana?

Q2)        Criminalising the use … by whom: married couples, unmarried couples or single people?

Q3)        The case concerned is known as Griswold v. whom?

Q4)        The Supreme Court, itself, is in which US City: New York, Chicago or Washington DC?

Q5)        Finally … ?   The decision is one of many big decisions by the court.   Decisions that are known as what decisions: landmark, landscape or land army?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        6th June, 1892, saw the opening of the ‘L’.   The ‘L’ is the rapid transit system, where: Chicago, New York or Seattle?
A1)        Chicago.

Q2)        The ‘L’ has eight main lines: named after colours.   Name one of those lines.
A2)        The Blue, Brown, Green, Orange, Pink, Purple, Red or Yellow.

Q3)        The ‘L’ in the name is short for what: elevated, escalated or eggnog? 
A3)        Elevated.

Q4)        The transit authority that runs the ‘L’ gave its name to a US rock band.   What’s that band now called?
A4)        Chicago.

Q5)        Finally … ?   The Docklands Light Railway is also an ‘L’.   In which city: London, Manchester or Liverpool?
A5)        London.
Here’s a thought … 

“… the Supreme Court invalidated the law on the grounds that it violated the "right to marital privacy", establishing the basis for the right to privacy with respect to intimate practices.” From the Wikipedia entry on the case.

And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Anyone who wants to buy me a new Mac Studio would be welcome.   The connectivity on the things is eye watering!

        I think I need crossed fingers, legs, eyes and toes, Olga!   I put in for PIP, a while back: and think it’s going to be a while before I hear about an assessment!

        Hello, Mum!

        I don’t know if you and Rick would’ve seen is, Debbi: but the DLR, the Docklands Light Railway, had a terminus at Stratford.   You’d’ve gone through Stratford, going from Brentwood to Liverpool Street.   Oh, the line has a stop called Bow Church.   If I’ve got it right, that’s the Bow Church: real cockneys are said to be born inside the sound of Bow Bells … 

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) contraception

Q2) married couples

Q3) Connecticut

Q4) Washington DC

Q5) landmark
Fingers and toes crossed sounds about right. Your guest appearances are becoming legendary, my friend... I quite like the Mask/hat of the YouTuber, although I suspect it must get terribly hot in the summer...

Freda said...

1 Contraception
2 Married couples
3 v Connecticut
4 Washington DC
5 Landmark

Debbi said...

Wow! I had no idea.

These were pretty easy for me. Watch me get one wrong! :)

1. contraception
2. married couples
3. Connecticut
4. Washington DC
5. landmark