Wednesday 28 June 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 28th June, 2023.

28th June, 2023.


Yes: it’s officially official.

I have a new toy: as my most recent unboxing video will show you.


I’ve now got an extremely cheap ring light.

We’ll have to see how that goes: although I suspect having a tripod mounted one — rather than a clip on one — may have helped!

Heigh ho!

~≈📸≈~

At ANY rate … ?

Yes: my nephew, Jude, was over yesterday: both he and I managed to post videos.



I hope you enjoy them!

~≈📸≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.



Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        Edward 4th’s coronation was on 28th June.   Of which year of the 1460s?

Q2)        28th June also saw the coronation of Queen Victoria.   In which year of the 1830s?

Q3)        28th June, 1932, saw the birth of actor, Pat Morita.   He played a drive-in owner called Arnold, in which US series: Happy Days, Mork and Mindy or Laverne and Shirley?

Q4)        The late John Inman was born: on 28th June, 1935.   He played Mr Wilberforce Claybourne Humphries: in which comedy series?

Q5)        Finally … ?   28th June, 1966, saw the birth of actor, John Cusack.   He played Craig Schwartz in which 1999 movie: Pushing Tin, Cradle Will Rock or Being John Malkovich?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        In the US, 27th June is National PTSD Awareness Day.   PTSD stands for Post Traumatic Stress … what
A1)        Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.   (I first heard the term in Paul Hardcastle’s 19)

Q2)        27th June is Seven Sleepers Day.   Where: Germany, Italy or France?
A2)        Germany.   (If I’ve understood it?   The weather on the day supposed to tell you about the weather over the next few days: it’s a German version of Saint Swithin’s Day.)

Q3)        NASA launched the IRIS probe: on 27th June, 2013.   The probe was due to monitor what: the sun, the moon or Mars?
A3)        The Sun.

Q4)        Novelist, E. R. Braithwaite, was born on 27th June, 1912.   Where: Guyana, Ghana or Germany?
A4)        Guyana.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Bob Appleyard was born on 27th June, 1924.   He played international cricket for which side: South Africa, England or New Zealand?
A5)        England.
Here’s a thought … 

“I won’t call myself a child actor because that sounds psychotic.”
John Cusack, born 28th June, 1966.

And a song by Chayanne …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.





*        I’ll try and keep an eye open for that, Olga: if that’s ok with you?   Like you say, I mostly do movies and TV shows.   We’ll see!   (Oh … Jack Black and Lizzo are in the next episode of The Mandalorian.   I’m not that familiar with Lizzo’s work: but, apparently, she went down well at Glastonbury, this year!   Oh, and she’s a classical flautist, as well.)
        I’ll be honest: between them, Dr Who and Star Trek have been world leaders: they were the first book of the TV shows I can remember seeing!


        Hello, Mum!

        That it is, Debbi: that’s the original edition, the one I got.   I managed to get one with the same cover, a few years ago!
        Those image are quite something.   Night Cafe does prints of the image for the home market: but I’m not too sure what the rights issues are like, if you need to use images like that, commercially.   (I read a book called The Hoboken Chicken Emergency, many years ago, and fed those words into the thing.   The results were interesting …)

5 comments:

Freda said...

1 1461
2 1838
3 Happy Days
4 Are you being Served
5 Being John Malkovich

trev-v said...

"Q2) 4th June also saw the coronation of Queen Victoria. In which year of the 1830s?"
????????

The date is 28th June. I do not know where you get 4th June from.

Olga said...

Q1) 1461

Q2) 1838

Q3) Happy Days

Q4) Are You Being Served? (I’ve watched some clips of this, but I don’t think I’ve ever watched a full episode).

Q5) Being John Malkovich
It sounds interesting. I haven't watched any of the Mandalorian yet, but it sounds good.
Now that you mention John Cusack, years back, shortly after I started on Twitter, I was following his account, and he did come up with some pretty bizarre conspiracy theory stuff, so I stopped following him. He was very vocal. No idea what he must be up to these days. (I like many of his movies, but I'm not sure I'd like to meet him in person).

Debbi said...

Interesting. I'm so tired today.

1. 1461
2. 1838
3. Happy Days
4. Are You Being Served? (I used to watch that one. Loved it!)
5. Being John Malkovich

Nik Nak said...

Bugger … !

Cheers, Trevor!