Wednesday 14 June 2023

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 14th June, 2023.

14th June, 2023.


Yes: it’s officially official.

My hair’s a mess.

And I managed to get safely back from Basildon: after a hospital appointment.

Yes: I’ve had a US Ankle and Branchial Index.

A test where the blood pressure in my arms and ankles is check: then I walk on a treadmill.

Then the blood pressure is checked again.

I’m hoping it went well: I’ll find out when my GP gets the report!

~≈🩸≈~

I had the rest of the day, to myself: once I’d got back from Basildon.

And … ?

Managed to finish my written and video reviews of “The Convert”, the third episode of The Mandalorian’s third series.


Dogfights, political intrigue and questing knights do make for an interesting episode.

~≈🩸≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Mum† and Debbi‡ putting in their answers: with everyone scoring five out of five.



Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video.

Q1)        14th June is Liberation Day.   Where: the Falkland Islands, the Canaries or the Lesser Antilles?

Q2)        14th June is World Blood Donor Day.   “The Blood Donor” was an episode of which TV show: Hancock, M*A*S*H or Educating Archi e?

Q3)        French forces led by Napoleon, won the Battle of Marengo: on 14th June, 1800.   Which chicken dish is said to be named after the battle?

Q4)        14th June, 1962, saw the founding of the European Space Research Organisation.   The organisation was replaced by the European Space … what?

Q5)        On a final note … ?   The Vatican announced it was abolishing the Index Librorum Prohibitorum on 14th June, 1966. The Index Librorum Prohibitorum was the Vatican’s list of prohibited whats?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers … 

Q1)        A capsule from the Hayabusa landed on Earth: on 13th June, 2010.   The Hayabusa craft had been launched by which country: Japan, China or South Korea?
A1)        Japan.

Q2)        Writer, Dorothy L. Sayers, was born: on 13th June, 1893.   What did the ‘L’ stand for: Leigh, Louise or Lorraine?
A2)        Leigh.

Q3)        Drummer, Uriel Jones, was born on 13th June, 1934.   Jones was a drummer for the Funk Brothers: the house band for which US record label?
A3)        Motown.

Q4)        13th June is Inventors Day.   Where: Brazil, Hungary or Thailand?
A4)        Hungary.

Q5)        Finally … ?   Actress, Ally Sheedy was born on 13th June, 1962.   She played Stephanie Speck, in which 80s movie: St. Elmo’s Fire, Short Circuit or Heart of Dixie?
A5)        Short Circuit.
Here’s a thought … 

“To me, the Republican elected government stood for freedom and the people, democratic ideals and just the common decencies I’d learned from my father years before.”
Burl Ives, June 14, 1909 – April 14, 1995.

And a song …


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Decisions about scores are final.

Thank you for coming: have a good day.




*        Oh, that is sad to hear, Olga!   If you could pass Iman my condolences, I’d appreciate it.
        If it’s any help?   There’s a few clips of Yes Minister on YouTube: under the BBC Comedy Greats channel.   I know subtitles are on by default, at my end: which I’m assuming would be helpful.

        Hello, Mum!

        It’s a bit of a weirdy beardy, Debbi!
        Oh … there’s talk Freema Agyeman may — may — be back … 

3 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) the Falkland Islands

Q2) Hancock

Q3) Marengo chicken (or chicken à la marengo)

Q4) Agency

Q5) Books (libros in Spanish)
Thanks, Paul. I'll pass your condolences on. She is very tired and caught a cold as well, but I'm not surprised with all the travelling and changes involved.
I hope your tests results are good. Take care.

Freda said...

1 Falklands
2 Hancock
3 Chicken Marengo
4 Agency
5 Magazines

Debbi said...

That sounds good!

1. the Falkland Islands
2. Hancock
3. Chicken Marengo
4. Agency
5. publications