Saturday 3 October 2020

Nik Nak’s Daily Teaser — 3-10-2020: Reunification Day

3rd October, 2020.

Right: I think I can safely say I’m expecting a phone call, today.

From the police.

I’ve agreed to give a statement, and prosecute, my mystery visitor.

Apparently?   He’s local, and known to police.

Assuming we can get an extra witness to say what he was doing … and get him put away for long enough to do a prison rehab course.

~≈†≈~

We know President Trump’s ill.

There’s possibly a funny comment or two, there!

At ANY rate: President Trump is ill with Covid-19.

I’m not fond of the man so seeing him out of office? Would be fine by me.

Seeing him ill is … concerning.

Purely because of the uncertainty his condition introduces.

After all: what happens to the USA election … if he dies this close to US Election Day?

I know Vice President Mike Pence would take over the job for the duration.

Which would possibly be a good thing: the man looks considerably more presidential than his boss.

But … ?

I don’t know what would happen to the Republican ticket: were President Trump to drop dead on November 2nd.

~≈†≈~

Just as a final, Covid (ish) thought?

No Time to Die, the most recent James Bond film was due to be released in November: after being pushed back from April, 2020, due to Covid 19.

The BBC’s news site?   Now tells us it’s been delayed until April, 2021.

Frankly?

Eon might want to think about a VOD release.

They might be struggling for money …

~≈†≈~

Let’s move on, shall we?

Yesterday’s Teaser saw Olga*, Trevor†, Edith‡ and Debbi^ putting in their answers: with Olga, Trevor and Debbi scoring five out of five, and Edith on four.

Let’s see how everyone does with today’s questions, shall we?

Here they are, along with the How To, License and video

Q1) 3rd October saw the reunification of Germany.   In which year?

Q2) It happened when East Germany joins West Germany.   Which of the two was the German Democratic Republic?

Q3) Which of the two — up until the day — was the Federal Republic of Germany?

Q4) East Germany’s capital was East Berlin.   What was West Germany’s capital?

Q5) Finally … ?   East Germany was a Communist country, an ally of the USSR, and a member of the what Pact?
Here’s yesterday’s questions and answers …

Q1) 2nd October, 1870, saw Rome named as capital city of where?
A1) Italy.

Q2) Rome’s also the capital of which of that country’s regions?
A2) Lazio.

Q3) The city was founded by Romulus and Remus.   They’d been brought up by a what?
A3) A wolf, or she-wolf.   (Seemingly?   Their mother conceived them, after being visited by a god: Mars, off the top of my head.   They were then abandoned on the orders of their grandfather.)

Q4) Rome’s said to built on seven … what?
A4) Hills.

Q5) Finally, and famously?   Which language was spoken in the Roman Empire: Latin, Chinese or Sanskrit?
A5) Latin.
Here’s a quote …
“The end of the unification process is officially referred to as German unity, celebrated each year on 3 October as German Unity Day.”
From the Wikipedia entry on German Reunification.
And a video


Today’s questions will be answered in tomorrow’s Teaser.

Have a good day!




*        That it is, Olga: it’s nice to know I have an audience.   Even though the UK arm are getting rained on, as well!
Our Christmas isn’t going to be THAT big, I think.   Saying that … ?   At least one relative’s going to be spoilt rotten!   And possibly end up with Playstation gift cards.   And books about Fortnite … !
You know … there’s a few customised mask doing the round, you know … 

†        In Latin … ?   Good lord!   How many places do that, these days, Trevor?

‡        Hello, Edith: how’s today going?

^        What CAN I tell you, Debbi?   Except he’s been hoist with his own petard.   (I nearly said Picard, there!)

6 comments:

Olga said...

Q1) 1990
Q2) East Germany
Q3) West Germany
Q4) Bonn
Q5) The Warsaw Pact
Yes, there are some interesting masks going round. I wonder if I should get a screen or one of those transparent masks for teaching, as it's important the students can see what you say. I take the mask off at my student's home as her mother told me it was OK, but I don't know what the other student will think. (Here there are petitions doing the round to approve transparent masks, because deaf people who read lips are at a disadvantage).
I hope something comes out of the police involvement finally (it does sound as if that guy needs a bit of help, even if he might not want it...)
Yes, it does sound as if someone in the family is going to have a lovely Christmas. :)

DEATH COMES TO US ALL said...

1990, East Germany,WEst Germany,Bonn,Member of the Warsaw Pact
Hi I will do quiz again Monday as with family tomorrow. great fun doing these again

trev-v said...

A1 1990
A2 East Germany
A3 West Germany
A4 Bonn
A5 Warsaw Pact

I went to a Grammar school and that hymn was sung on Speech days. After the evil PM Harold Wilson (himself a grammar school boy) abolished all state Grammar school the new buildings of my old school became a 6th form college. I do not know if they continued with the hymn.

David said...

1. 1990
2. Ostdeutschland
3. Westdeutschland
4. Bonn
5. Warschauer Pakt


Liebe Grüße,

David

Debbi said...

Oh, that's for sure. I have little sympathy, given the many who've died.

1. 1990
2. East Germany
3. West Germany
4. Bonn
5. the Warsaw Pact

I just saw the movie "Zodiac" recently. OMG! I'm not into serial killer movies, but ... this one was ... disturbing.

I'm in a virtual "movie club" at one of the local libraries. One of the members last night said Zodiac was like America's version of Jack the Ripper. I had no idea!

I remember the case, but I didn't pay attention to that stuff then. I was a kid. Anyhow, knowing you, you've probably seen it, but I thought I'd mention it. :)

Edith Reuwer said...

1.1994
2 west
3.East
4.West berlin
5. Warsaw.